Monday, November 22, 2010
Birthday and Christmas Prep
I just have to start this post with another picture of Lincoln and his infatuation with shoes. These are Ellie's new Christmas shoes and he was as excited about them as she was. He is pretty impartial when it comes to shoes. He wears mine, Ellie's, Jackson's and he loves Andrew's. He brings out several pairs of shoes for his Daddy. Just last night we were at my parents and when he walked by their closet he started screaming, "Daddy" because he thought Andrew's shoes were in my parent's closet.
Of course Ellie had to get in the picture.
We spent some time this week concentrating on the giving part of Christmas. Thursday night we took the kids to Wal-Mart and they helped us pick out gifts for a boy and girl we got off of hte Angel Tree. Then we also picked up some little toys/items for a boy to put in a shoe box for Operation Christmas Child which are church was participating in. We are hoping that they will realize just how blessed we are and to be grateful and pass our blessings onto others. Here they are helping get the shoe box ready to go.
And to further the Christmas spirit, we have been getting our Christmas decorations out. I put the lights up last week and got all of our decorations out this week. I just have a couple more things to put up but will wait until after Ellie's birthday party. I decided to make a banner for our front door like I did for Halloween. I thought it added a festive touch.



This past week I also spent some time getting stuff ready for Ellie's ballerina birthday. I made some cupcake toppers and worked on some decorations. She is pretty excited about it and she gets to start celebrating tomorrow at school. It is their last day before Thanksgiving and her birthday is on Saturday, so she gets to bring her treat tomorrow. Now just if everyone will stay healthy. Each of the kids had a little bit of something like the flu that included vomiting but it seemed like they were only sick for barely a day so it wasn't too bad. Hopefully that is it with Thanksgiving and Ellie's birthday coming up this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment