Sunday, January 1, 2017

2016-That's a Wrap

The next day I woke up not feeling that great. We had a few sick ones throughout the past few days, so I think I caught something. I finally got myself out of bed and ordered some pizza from Casey’s for later that afternoon. Heidi came by a little later and we got to have a quick visit and exchange gifts. It is always great to see her and I wish we had more time to spend together. Afterwards, we headed to the Depot Inn where my parents rented out the pool. I dropped the kids off and then picked up the pizza at the Casey’s near there and the kids swam and we had pizza. It was a great way for the kids to expend some energy.




The guys left a little early and headed out to the ranch to do some shooting. I guess they accidentally let some cows out though. At first, they thought it was just a couple, but then discovered about 100 got out. Ryan about got in on the round up, but Andrew was able to get them along with Charles who just happened to be around.

We went back to my parents after the pool and shooting and ordered dinner. I was really ready to get home and get to bed but first we had to get a picture of my dad and all his grandsons in their flannel shirts.

Ellie did stay the night over there and we tried to avoid the boys finding out she was doing it. My parents were sick too and definitely didn’t need my kids to add to the chaos. I slept in the next morning but had to get up and get going. I got ready and then ran to the grocery stores while Andrew actually headed out for a bike ride. He ended up doing 50 miles. After I did my shopping, I picked up Ellie and ate some lunch while I was there. Then it was back home to make a pumpkin pie to take out to Andrew’s parents that evening. When Andrew got back, he took the kids outside to try out their new bikes since it wasn’t freezing nor raining. We headed out to Andrew’s parents that evening for Christmas with his family and on our way out there, my car went over the 100,000 mile mark. When we got out there, the kids were all heading outside with a metal detector to find “treasure” that had been hidden out there. They each received a cup with some money in it and then also found some quarters throughout the yard. The twins had fallen asleep on the way out and didn’t have coats, so they cried about going outside to do the hunt. I put them in Andrew and I’s jackets and they got out there about the time everyone was coming back to the house. Next up was dinner and then the kids were anxious to open their presents, so Granny started handing them out. The kids also did the gift exchange with their cousins and had a fun time playing with their new toys. Jackson loved annoying everyone with the air shooter her got.





Ellie and Lauren were really wanting to have a sleepover, so Lauren came back to our house with us. They made popcorn and I got a movie started for them. They did a little gymnastics and then settled down and watched the movie. The next morning, I made them some cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate and got busy trying to get stuff marked off my to-do list but spent most of my time editing pictures from the past week and working on the blog. It took longer than I had hoped. I also ended up needing to do some office work. I was taking care of payroll and realized we needed to find a new online time clock, so that took a lot of my time too and I didn’t get to start my purging and cleaning liked I had hoped. I let the kids spend time with their new toys which meant Jackson got to spend a lot of time playing his new DS game but he did help Lincoln set up his new Lego Dimensions game on the Wii. The twins went back and forth between a lot of their toys and I helped them put together some of their Lego pieces. And a lot of remote-controlled vehicles. I think we ended up with around 10 new ones all together. 

Ellie ended up going out to the ranch when Annie came to pick up Lauren and spent the rest of the day out there. Andrew picked her up that evening and brought more office work home for me to do that night. I kept dinner simple and just made pancakes and bacon and we had a low-key evening after being gone every evening for the past week. The next morning, I had big plans again but didn’t get the start to the morning I wanted. The twins wanted me to help them put together their reindeer Legos they got (which means I put them together) and I found it entertaining that Darth Vader ended up battling Rudolph J. I then spent the rest of the day working on cleaning and finally got a run in later that afternoon. Andrew took the kids out to the ranch and used the new metal detector his parents got. Then they all decided to eat out at Matthew and Kristin’s since Annie and her family were leaving the next morning. Kristin ordered pizza and I picked it up and took it out to their house and we all got to visit and the kids played for a little bit.

Friday and Saturday the kids did try to get outside a bit-riding their new bikes and new scooters and trying to play laser tag. Jackson and Lincoln even got a round of laser tag in in their underwear.  And Miles tried out some different faces.



I was cleaning out our bathroom cabinet and decided it was time to get rid of the blue and green nail polish, although the boys will still sometimes act about painting their toes. The nail polish was all gunky and my mom and sisters thought I should save the bottles and put them on our tree. I kept them for a bit and then decided to just get rid of them since I was afraid the bottles would fall off of the tree or break in the box and make a mess.

I figured the kids needed to get out of the house a bit on Saturday, so I took them with me to run a few errands. We went to the jewelry shop to get my watch battery replaced and I don’t think the lady working necessarily appreciated me bringing all the kids into the shop. Then we went to the bank and Andrew called while we were there and said he wanted to take them out to the ranch, so we skipped out on our trip to Wal-Mart and I took them home and then headed back out to Wal-Mart and then washed and vacuumed out the car. Then I worked on cleaning out our closet and under our bed before it was time to get ready to go out to eat at AJ’s for New Year’s Eve. We met my parents, Molly and the Powells there and enjoyed a yummy dinner. Ellie decided to Facetime Briley and her family while we were there.



We got back home around 9:30, changed into our pjs, packed up an overnight bag and then went to my parents to ring in the New Year. Andrew stayed at home along with Jackson. Jackson was supposed to light the fireworks for my dad, but he had been suffering a bad cold the past couple of days and just really wanted to go to sleep in his own bed. The Powells were at my parents too and we just sat around and visited while the boys played video games in the basement. We didn’t have much of a wild celebration and midnight kind of snuck up on us. My dad passed out the horns for 2000 and went out to light the fireworks. Ellie went out to take pictures with her own camera and the twins, Lincoln and I watched from inside.


Afterwards, the boys went back downstairs, Ellie and Molly went to bed and my mom and I stayed up talking until at least 2am. Then I went to check on the boys and Lincoln and Miles were still up while Bennett had fallen asleep. I got them all upstairs and to bed and Lincoln slept with me. I didn’t get to sleep until later and Lincoln made sure I didn’t sleep very well J And then the carbon monoxide detector starting beeping for a low battery around 7, so it was a short night. Lincoln was in the mood for conversation when he woke up though-he immediately asked me how I was doing and how I slept. We eventually got up and moving, I took a shower and helped the twins get ready and my parents had pancakes and bacon for us for breakfast. We sat around for a little while before heading home to get busy putting away Christmas decorations. 

Andrew and Jackson had been out to the ranch that morning and Jackson got sick on the way back in, but I think it was just car sickness. He vegged out part of the day but was also a great help for me by taking down most of the outdoor decorations and taking them to the basement for me. I kept working throughout the day and got everything put away except the tree. I did my cleaning as I went along, so it took a little longer. I cleaned behind furniture, trim work, doors, light fixtures and all that fun stuff. I also brought out the “winter” decorations and got the lights down outside. So it was a pretty productive day. The kids were in and out playing with friends. They got in another lazer tag battle, jumped on the trampoline, played at our house and at the LaBeths. They were excited to have some friends back in town. Andrew went for a bike ride and then went to the office. He has a pretty busy January, so he spends a lot of time there. That evening we went to my parents for dinner. My dad grilled steak and it was delicious. It was a great way to end the week and a begin a new year.  Back home, we all went to bed early and it was nice.

No comments: