This past week was nice in that we didn’t have quite as
much going on but we still kept busy. Ellie had her last tumbling class Monday
night. She had a little accident though during the afternoon. She decided to
try to use the pull up bar at Faith’s house and took a running jump at it and
therefor it fell off the door frame and she fell flat on her back. So her last
tumbling class was more just walking through all of her routines since her back
was hurting. Jackson’s pull up bar did come in that evening and he was excited
to get it all put together and try it out, along with Andrew and Ellie. He also
finished up his Millennium Falcon the night before, which he proud of.
I spent most of my Tuesday morning looking at and getting
samples of stuff for our remodel. I just had time to go home and change out the
laundry before I had to pick up the twins. The weather has been nicer so that
evening we spent some time outside.
Ellie decorated our driveway for us with her chalk art. She did my bike
for me since we had been out riding around just a bit and she did a couple
Cardinal tributes.
That evening Andrew decided they should weigh Buddy. He
was giving Jackson a hard time because he was having trouble picking up Buddy
to put him on the scale. So Andrew did it and had to do it twice because he
didn’t think the weight was accurate, but it was-61 lbs. Jackson had taken him
for a walk earlier and he took off and snapped the leash-I guess we found out
why. I picked up a new leash when I went to the store and we had to move up to
the large size. Wednesday I dropped the
kids off at school, started working on snacks for small group and then went out
for a bike ride. I just did the 9 mile course for the TriFAHL that was coming
up on Saturday. It wasn’t quite as fast as I was wanting it to be so I was
hoping I would be a little quicker on race day. Then I had to quickly shower,
get ready and go pick up the twins. Then when Jackson got home he put together
their “pitching machine” they got for Christmas. The only problem was we didn’t
have enough D batteries for it so they could only use the backstop.
The kids did take advantage of it that night during small
group. Since it was so nice we just let them play outside instead of in the
basement. We did have a few interruptions through the evening though as kids
would plaster their faces on the back door to look in J. The twins were kind of
dragging Thursday morning. They actually had not been feeling good off and on
throughout the week but it was usually that they would be fine when they were
doing something they wanted to do and would start feeling sick when it was
something they didn’t want to do. So I decided to go ahead and take them to
school and I went for a swim. Annie Hickman and Tiff Athon were there so I
talked to them for a bit. Tiff let me share a lane with her since she was just
walking and I noticed she had headphones in. She said they were connected to
her phone through Bluetooth and she could also answer calls, like when she gets
calls that her kids are sick at school. I said I’ve never had that problem
before and wouldn’t you know I had a missed call from Faith Lutheran when I got
back to the locker room. I also had a text from Andrew saying to call him first
and that the twins were fine. I guess Miles and a dad collided and Miles hurt
his finger and wrist. It was actually hard enough to knock the dad down. I
guess Miles cried for quite a bit and they tried calling me. Since they
couldn’t get a hold of me, they called Andrew. He asked them if they thought
anything was broken, any bones sticking out? He also asked them if they thought
he should come get him and the secretary said she thought he would be fine, so
he said we would see them at 11. When I went to pick the twins up later, I
noticed Miles right away, just standing by the gate all ready to go. I’m
wondering if the teachers thought maybe I should have picked him up earlier,
but they told Andrew he would be fine. His finger was a little swollen but not
too bad. He did hold it all afternoon though. He fell asleep when we got home,
so I just let them watch a movie and lay on the couch instead of taking naps. He
favored for several days but my dad did look at it and thought it may just be
sprained.
We had beautiful weather that last several days of the
week so the kids spent a lot time outside. Lincoln and his friends have been
spending a lot of time at their fort. At one point Lincoln came in to get
snacks to take with him. We were out of granola bars and he didn’t like
anything else we had so he just grabbed several pieces of bread and stuffed
them in his backpack. Tiffany sent this awesome
photo of the boys. They were so proud of their flag too.
That evening Ellie and I went to her dance rehearsal. It
was on a week day since the Daddy Daughter dance was Friday night. We were
there until 10 and then had to take one of her friends home. And since I was
resting up a bit for the triathlon on Saturday, I didn’t do a workout on Friday
and got to sleep in a bit. Ellie was tired though. I got things ready for the
race and for the recital while the twins played with all of their cars and with
Buddy.
Andrew and Ellie decided not to go to the Daddy Daughter
Dance again and opted to do a little hiking and then dinner out at the Lake. I
guess Andrew mentioned something about rattle snacks though, so the hiking was
cut short. Ellie picked out her outfit
and did her hair herself instead of getting all fancy J.
While they were gone we ended up going to my parents for
dinner since Lissy was in town. On our way there we stopped at the TCC to pick
up my race packet. I had hoped to get to bed early that night but it just didn’t
happen. At least I didn’t have to go too far for the race. I went over around
7:15 and got my transition area set up before heading into the pool area. The
numbers were down from a couple years ago so they had around 36 participants. I
was third in the water for the swim and it went okay. My flip turns and getting
under the lane lines weren’t the best but it was over quickly and I ran out do
my family cheering me on to the transition area. Andrew brought all the kids
except Jackson, who was at baseball practice. And my parents and Lissy were
there. The transitions weren’t timed so I didn’t worry too much about them. I
didn’t go as fast as I usually would but didn’t totally slack either. I was the
third one out on the bike and soon passed one girl. About halfway through our
first loop I noticed my front gear wasn’t in the big gear that I usually keep
it in unless I have a hard hill, so I felt like I missed out on a little speed
and quickly changed it. It was fun seeing my family cheering us on along the
route. Andrew worked hard moving he and the kids from one spot to the next to get pictures. On our second time going up the hills on Shepherd I was able to pass
Danielle and came in first on the bike. I had messed up my Garmin so I didn’t
have it to even tell me how fast I was going, but it felt good. Danielle got
out ahead of me on the run but I wasn’t too concerned about that since I knew
she was a much faster runner than I was. The run was just two miles but I was
still tired. The girl behind me eventually passed me with about ¼ mile left in
the run and I was third to cross the finish line. So at that point I thought
that I had at least accomplished one of my goals which as to do better than
last time. But since I messed up my Garmin, I didn’t know what my time was. We
stuck around for a bit but then they said they wouldn’t be doing an award
ceremony since they had one lady that had dropped a chain on her bike who still
wanted to finish, so it was going to be a while. So I loaded up and went home.
Overall it was a good race with great weather. There was a little bit of wind
but it wasn’t too bad.
The few hours we had at home went quickly. One of Ellie’s
old friends was back in town to celebrate her birthday so Ellie went to her
house to play for a bit. But soon it was time to head out for Ellie’s first
recital which was just for her private tumbling routine. Just as Ellie and I were leaving, I got an email with the results of the race and I was so surprised to learn that I got first place overall. I totally didn't expect that and it definitely wasn't a goal of mine so I was excited. And I think Andrew was even more excited for me. The race organizer offered to bring by my medal the next day, which was very nice of her.
So after I showed Andrew the email, Ellie and I went a
little early to her recital while Andrew brought the boys a little closer to when Ellie
danced. Ellie did a great job and is always fun to watch.
In between recitals, we had Andrew’s mom and my parents
over to eat and just ordered Coltons. The kids got to play some more and then
Ellie and I went back for the main recital. She didn’t perform until the second
half but wanted to see the other dances, including Ashlyn’s. The recital had to
be at The Crossing this year since Baldwin will be undergoing renovations. The parking
lot was completely full when we got there and so was the auditorium. Ellie went
up front and sat on the floor with some of her friends. I eventually sat on the
floor too until some high school students came and sat their chairs right in
front of me. So I just went out to the car for a while and then spent the rest
of the time mainly hanging out in the lobby. My parents and Molly and Andrew
and the boys came during intermission and we were able to get seats as things
cleared out a bit. Ellie had four dances and she did a wonderful job. She was a
bit flustered though because she forgot a few things here and there. She had
the last dance of the night and by the time we got to it the twins were done
and had fallen asleep. It had been a long day for them.
We were all tired and ready for bed but I ended up
staying up until midnight getting pictures off of Lissy’s SD card and then
Miles came into the room with a bloody nose around 3. It wasn’t too bad and we
got everything taken care off and got him back to bed. Then I worked on
cleaning up some of the stains on the carpet and eventually went back to sleep
around 5. Andrew was up early and went for a bike ride and I spent a lot of the
day trying to catch up on laundry and stuff around the house. It was another
beautiful day and the kids enjoyed some time outside. They also went out to
check on Andrew’s cows. That evening we went to my parents and had Mexican for
dinner. My dad was wanting help getting the pool cover to the basement. Andrew
took it down for him while my dad set up the pitching machine for the kids. After
the kids played for a bit, Andrew took them home and I did some grocery
shopping.










No comments:
Post a Comment