This past week was pretty typical of what our weeks have
been lately. Bennett got his last filling Monday morning so I’m glad to be done
with that for now. He didn’t handle it as well as his first one. I had to go
back with him so he could sit on my lap and he did cry several times throughout
it. When we came back out after he was done, Miles was gone. My dad stopped by
and brought him down to his office. We decided it was too cold for milk shakes,
so Andrew brought home some McDonalds for them when he came home for lunch.
Bennett didn’t eat it at first though since his mouth was still bothering
him. He did eat it before he went down
for his nap though and was all better when he got up. Monday we were able to finish up Ellie’s
Valentine’s box. It could have used another coat of paint but we just went with
it. I helped her hot glue it all together and she was pleased with it.
Besides my usual activities, I spent time this week
working on prepping our tax information which is never fun. I worked on little
Valentine gifts for the kids and teachers and wrapped up Andrew’s presents. A neighbor has a little baking business, so I
ordered some little heart cookies from her and bagged them up. For the
teachers, I put them in little red berry baskets along with a tag with a Redbox
code. Then for the kids, I put them in their little mailboxes along with a
Reese’s heart. Lissy was able to get another mailbox for me since Miles and
Bennett have been sharing. I have used vinyl to put their names on the side, so
I cut a new one for Miles and had that all ready for when I got the mailbox
over the weekend.
Tuesday night I took Ellie to gymnastics in Macon so
Andrew got to have fun with the basketball run…dropping Lincoln off at the Y
for 5:45 practice, taking Jackson to his 6 practice (this time at the high
school), then running back to the Y since Lincoln is usually done by 6:30, and
finally back to the high school to pick up Jackson at 7 since it is kind of
silly to go home and just have to leave again about 5-10 minutes later. Then I had a fun one Thursday night. After
getting dinner ready and then eating and quickly cleaning up, I ran Ellie to
dance at 5:30. I was able to go home for a bit and finish cleaning up and then
went back to pick her up by 6:45 so she could get to basketball. Since we got
to basketball later, I just stayed and took her and her friend Lauren home
after their practice ended at 7:30. It was 7:45 by the time we got home and
Jackson had practice at 8. So Ellie and Jackson swapped seats in the car and I
took Jackson to practice. The coaches wanted to talk about end-of-season plans
at the end of practice so I headed back there around 8:45 and we finally got
home around 9:20.
Wednesday night we started a new study for small group.
John is leading a three week study on Apologetics but it has a little different
view on it. There is a lot out there as far as providing evidence for God
outside of the Bible. And this view is that everyone inherently believes in God
and that the Bible is the ultimate word, so you shouldn’t even spend time
arguing as to if God exists. It should be interesting. Thursday was all about
an early Valentine’s Day. We had a little assortment of stuff to send to school
that day. They all had to bring their Valentines. The twins had to bring apple
slices and a bag of candy. Lincoln had to bring napkins as did Jackson and
Jackson also had to bring bacon for their breakfast Valentine’s party. Ellie
didn’t have to bring anything for her party but she was the only one who made a
box. After I dropped the kids off at school, I ran home to start a roast in the
crock pot and then went to help out with Lincoln’s party. His teacher always
keeps it simple. I just led a group through several activities that included
playing a game, eating snacks and coloring pictures. Lincoln was the only boy in his group, but he
handled it well. He was excited to show me his bag that he decorated for his
Valentine’s because it featured a drawing of the two of us J. After I left there, I
went to the twins’ party. They were handing out Valentine’s to their classmates
when I got there. They also got to cut hearts out of Jello. My boys weren’t
quite sure what to do with it. They tried to eat it but weren’t too impressed. When we got home, I worked on some treats to take over to my parents that weekend. I made my easy sugar cookies and some apple streusel bars.
The kids didn’t have school on Friday or Monday so Leah
planned for a group of us to go to Bonker’s for the day. We ended up deciding
on going to Quincy since Columbia was out of school too. But then we got snow
overnight and the roads were partly covered going to Quincy so we debated whether
we should go to Columbia instead. In the end we went with Quincy. The roads
were okay but not the best but we all made it there safely. Lissy was coming
back for the weekend too and was bringing Brady with her, so they met us there
too. Overall we had 20 kids there and they had a lot of fun. As the play area
started getting busier, the kids found their way to the arcade. We had hoped to
get lunch somewhere since we were someplace with more restaurant options than
Kirksville. But since we got to Quincy a little later than planned, the kids
were already getting hungry. We ended up just giving in and getting lunch at
Bonkers-it was not very good. But the kids were satisfied enough and went back
to playing. We got home close to four, changed out some laundry, and caught up
on some stuff before we went to my parents.
My mom had dinner for everyone that night since Lissy,
Andy & family, and Kaitlin & family were getting into town for the
double birthday parties the next day. Saturday was pretty busy as Ellie and
Lincoln both had ball games and we also had Atticus’ first birthday party
during lunch and Owen’s party in the evening. After Ellie’s game, Andrew and
Jackson went out to the ranch to put out hay so they missed the first party and
Lincoln’s game that afternoon. Ellie had a better attitude with her game and
Lincoln was entertaining as always. He got to stay the night at my parents that
night with Brady and Andrew picked him up the next morning for church.
Before we went to church, we exchanged Valentine gifts.
In addition to their mailboxes, the kids got a My Monopoly game where they can
customize some of the playing pieces. Andrew gave me a gift certificate for a
massage which was really nice. I gave him the Ancestry.com DNA kit that he has
mentioned wanting along with some new luggage.
We originally thought Jackson had a couple ballgames on
Saturday too, but they actually ended up being on Sunday. Since the first one
was at 8:45, we skipped it so we could go to church. I just don’t think it is
right that they have games on Sunday, especially in the morning. So right after
church, we ran by home so Jackson could change and then headed over to Novinger
for the second game. Jackson had a decent game but the team they were playing
was much bigger than them. They were supposed to be 5th & 6th
graders but they looked like 7th & 8th graders.
After the game we made a quick stop at Aldi so I could
get some groceries and then ran by my parents house to tell everyone goodbye
before they left town and to help move some furniture out of the family room
since workers were coming the next day to start working on the ceiling of the
family room. Jackson had his last day of hitting camp so we dropped him off
there on our way home. While Andrew waited to go pick him up, he rested for a
bit (he had a rough night and didn’t sleep much) and Ellie enjoyed snuggling up
with him.
Andrew picked up Jackson and then went to the office. I
worked on laundry, this blog and a few other things while the twins napped and
the other kids watched Goosebumps. We
had a pretty lazy Valentine afternoon around the house and I didn’t even mess
with cooking so we just ordered Colton’s. I had to force myself to get back
outside that night and do a quick Wal-Mart trip. Ellie has decided she wants to
start lifting a bit so Andrew has been working with her a little on that. I
think she is hoping it will help with her gymnastics.

















No comments:
Post a Comment