So the kids headed back to school on Tuesday while the twins and I ran some errands. We went to the bank and Wal-mart and I stocked up on travel size toiletries. Anything to make our suitcase lighter. After lunch we headed outside so the kids could play before naptime. I worked on getting rid of our potted flowers. They are looking pretty sad now but I'm not quite ready to get mums yet. Maybe when I get back from our trip. I also cleaned out some cobwebs...they always come back though. Tuesday ended up being a busy day for us. Ellie worked diligently on her homework after she got home from school. Both Jackson and Ellie's classes are using a classroom economics program this year to learn how money is made, saved and spent. They do different jobs to earn money and have to pay rent for their desks and other expenses. They can do extra things to earn more money which was what Ellie was working on. She did it up until we had to run her to her first dance class of the year. I had dinner going so that it was ready to come out of the oven right when we had to take her. The dance school has a new location this year, right downtown. The bad thing is that we can't use the front door to get in because that is where the main studio is. So I had to drop her off at the back entrance in the back alley. She was there for 1 1/2 hours for three classes. After we dropped her off, we rushed home to eat a quick dinner and then I took Lincoln to soccer practice. This is his first year for soccer and he was so excited. He couldn't wait for it all to actually begin. He did originally think it was "tackle soccer" so I had to correct him on that one. But he had fun at practice and was excited about his upcoming game.
After he was done, we picked up Ellie and headed home for a bit. Ellie went back to doing her homework but then we had to leave again to take her to gymnastics while Andrew got the other kids through baths and showers. It won't be that busy from now on because Lincoln usually has soccer practice on Mondays but it was switched to Tuesday this past week because of Labor Day. But my day wasn't over quite yet. Andrew and I have been meaning to get to bed earlier and wake up earlier to help with the change in time zone for our trip but that hasn't been working out. I went to bed a little after 11 and thought I kept hearing noises. I finally went upstairs to check on the twins around 11:30. The lights were on and they were both out of bed (Lincoln was passed out though). Bennett was on the floor playing with something and I found Miles in Lincoln's closet, naked. Then I noticed that he had some wipes out and there was blood on them and the floor and all over his discarded pj top. Poor guy had a bloody nose and was trying to take care of it. I couldn't get onto after that. So I got him dressed and into bed and they finally went to sleep.
Wednesday was our small group barbecue so I spent a lot of the day getting ready for that along with trying to start some sort of packing. Thankfully we had a beautiful evening for the barbecue and it was great getting to see everyone again. The kids (there are a lot of them) had a lot of fun and played the whole night as well as ate a bunch of junk food. As the sun was setting, I went to turn on our lights on the arbor and they flashed on and then turned off. Bummer. I checked out the outlet the next day and my dad is hopeful it just needs to be replaced.
Thursday was a hot one. Probably our last one of the year. My mom ended up going with me to pick the kids up from school so she could learn the "proper way" :-). Then Jackson and Ellie had swim practice. It was Ellie's first practice so she was pretty nervous. So I walked her in and introduced her to the coach. I was just thankful neither of the twins ended up in the pool. Then Andrew picked them up and took them to football practice and I picked up Ellie from there. She said it was very tiring :-).
Friday morning was a treat. I usually try to get up before the kids and run or bike. I was on my way there but decided to do a couple things before I got on the treadmill. Well Lincoln ended up waking up early and then Ellie comes down a little later with Miles in tow. He didn't have a diaper on but was carrying one with him for me to put on. So I got that taken care of and went upstairs to check on Bennett when I realized what had happened. Miles had pooped, taken his diaper off and tried to wipe himself. There was poop on the floor, the comforter and him. So he was put in the shower while I collected cleaning supplies. By this time Bennett was up. So needless to say, my run didn't start until later. I told Jackson and Ellie they were on their own as far as getting their lunches made and went upstairs to conquer the mess.
Jackson had a football game Friday evening. I didn't realized how much it had cooled down and we were ill-prepared. Miles and Bennett were in shorts and t-shirts with no jacket. The rest of us at least had some jackets. Both my parents and Andrew's parents came so I took advantage of it to go down to the field and try to get some pictures. But I was yet again pretty unsuccessful. Jackson was never really around the ball so there weren't many action shots. Andrew did say he did a good job though. It is hard to pay attention to a lot of the game because I have some demanding little people that hang out with me :-).
It sprinkled a little after the game but started raining more afterwards. We ended up just ordering some Colton's for dinner and I tried to do some quick, last-minute shopping before I picked it up. I was just needing a white V-neck t-shirt. I found one for $3 at JC Penney. It is a little big so I am going to try to wash and dry it several times and see if I can shrink it. I did get quite a bit of packing done Friday though. Then Saturday was Lincoln's first soccer game. Andrew went to the office in the morning and came home as Lincoln and I were heading out to do his team pictures before the game. Then he brought the other kids at game time. It was a pretty entertaining game. For the first bit, the kids were all very cautious and would barely kick the ball. But then it got fun. Lincoln scored a goal. He didn't really realize what he was doing at first but then was excited. He played hard and had fun. It looked like they all had fun. Joe is his coach and he did a great job with him. My parents came and Mary went between Ashlyn's game and Lincoln's.
After the game, Andrew went to get some mineral while I took the kids home. The older three were supposed to do a big clean of their rooms that included vacuuming and dusting. They didn't get it all done before they left with Andrew to go out to the ranch for a bit. So we'll get back to that tomorrow. Now I need to get back to some serious packing, cleaning and finishing up some details. Then tonight we get to go celebrate my wonderful mom's birthday at AJ's.




No comments:
Post a Comment