![]() |
| Heading home-I thought it was funny how they both like to ride with their arms up like this now. |
In the middle of all of it I tried to work on some things for our Italy trip. I was able to figure out a tour for us for the Vatican and ordered our tickets for that and to see the Colosseum. We also sent in an International Drivers Permit application for Andrew. Now I am trying to figure out the best way to have cell phone and wi-fi coverage over there. Andrew had his steroid injection in his hip and has started physical therapy to see if it helps out at all. I guess we'll give a few weeks and see.
This past Saturday Andrew, the three oldest and I headed to Columbia for the Mighty Max kids triathlon. We got a call Friday afternoon from Sara stating that she thought she was in labor. So my parents and Amanda and her kids headed to St. Louis Friday night. I felt like I was halfway awake most of the night waiting for the call (plus those ornery twins who are still getting up in the middle of the night although I just moved all of the toys and almost all of the books out of their room this morning in hopes that they will be less tempted to get out of bed) but it never came. Four thirty in the morning did come quickly though. Mikail came about 5:30 to watch the twins and we were on our way. Once we got to Columbia we had the get the kids checked in, get their timing chips, get their markings and set up their transition areas. There were at least 150 kids there with some in tri suits with their little tri bikes and others wearing floaties and riding tricycles :-). Just Jackson and Ellie were doing it in our group, but Lincoln would have definitely fit in. They did it age-group waves so Jackson was in the second group while Ellie was in the third. Each kid got to go down the slide to start their swim. Jackson did a 100m swim, 3 mile bike and .5 mile run while Ellie did a 50m swim, 1.8 mile bike and .5 mile run. So we had to run back and forth trying to catch all of it but it was worth it. They both did such a great job. The hardest part was probably trying to get their shoes on after the swim-at least for Jackson. He could have moved up quite a few places if his transition time was faster :-). But they worked hard and had fun which makes me happy. After the race we ran by Sam's. We had debated staying around a little later so we could get some Shakespeare's but decided to just head home and stop at AJ's on the way. And then my parents ended up heading home too as Sara's labor stopped.
So that is just a quick recap. Now I need to get busy with all my other stuff-make a frozen meal for the Sedlaks, get the older three ready to go to St. Louis tomorrow for a Cardinals game, start packing for kamp and finalize stuff for Lincoln's birthday party on Friday. And we should be hearing of the arrival of Baby Sedlak pretty soon here. My last text from my mom said she was pushing :-)
































No comments:
Post a Comment