The weather has been gorgeous around here and we love it. I love having the windows open and the breeze blowing through. Miles and Bennett like to check out everything that is outside and try to talk to me about it. The other day they pulled some chairs up to the windows to enjoy the view.
Monday night I got to enjoy a night out with some friends. It has been a while, so we decided to head to AJ's. It was great to get out with them for a bit. Andrew took care of the home front and had everyone ready for bed by the time I got home. He also took care of my last swap shop sale. I had a large swing arm outdoor umbrella for sale and the lady was going to be late picking it up. I had it all out front for her and he helped her load it up.
We kept busy the rest of the week with all of our activities. The big event of the week though was the Mother Son Stampede. I didn't take Lincoln because the flyer said it was for boys 5 and older, but I could have brought him because there were a lot of kids his age there. And a lot of the activities there are actually geared to younger boys (which Jackson was sure to point out). Jackson and I went with Zach and Leah. We kind of split up when we got there and they each did their own thing. Jackson did the obstacle course, made a s'more, did the archery, and then he was done. He wasn't that interested in the other activities (face painting, a spider craft, a little bounce house, and a little train ride) and didn't want to wait in the line to shoot the bb guns. It was a good thing we didn't hang around too long though because it started sprinkling on us as we were taking the hay ride back to our cars. Then we decided to head to Dairy Queen and the sky got really dark and there was a lot of wind. But we didn't get the downpour then that we thought was coming. Even though Jackson was a little disappointed with how the stampede went, we both enjoyed getting to spend some time together.
 |
| Awkard photo :-) |
Jackson had another football game on Friday and my dad and Lissy stopped by for a bit. I yet again forgot my camera and tried to take a picture with my phone. It doesn't do well at zoom...
 |
| Hard to tell, but Jackson is playing quarterback with the lighter shorts in the middle. |
We had dinner at my parents afterwards because Kaitlin and her family were in town for some family pictures. They didn't get to stay too long though and had to leave Saturday afternoon. Andrew started out Saturday with a chilly bike ride and then Jackson had a morning soccer game. After the game Andrew stayed at home with the twins and I took the three oldest up to Red Barn. We met my mom, Lissy, Kaitlin, and Owen. Jackson was on a mission again to find the dogs the Humane Society sometimes has up there and they were no where to be found. We just walked around, kind of looked at stuff, and visited with people. At the end, the kids decided they wanted some balloon animals and Lincoln opted for a little pumpkin. He was very excited about his pumpkin though.
We ran by home after Red Barn and grabbed some lunch and then onto Ellie's game. She had quite a cheering section :-)
We filled in the rest of our week toe nail painting sessions for the twins, playing hard, sleeping hard (even while mowing the yard), some freeze tag, a little basketball, lunches outside, moving the bricks from Andrew's office (he even somehow got the neighborhood kids to help), and a lot of football. Oh and you can't forget Lincoln and Alex's rock sale. They spent a couple of afternoons coloring rocks with sidewalk chalk and then decided to sell them to help raise money for Lanie. I think they made $3. I don't know who could resist a kid in a Buzz Lightyear outfit with a colored rock :-).
 |
| We knew someone would eventually fall in one of the holes. |
We finished our week with church, a K-Life board meeting for Andrew and I, and a skating birthday party for Ellie for one of her friends, followed by roasting hot dogs and s'mores at my parents for an early dinner. I will have to say it was a pretty nice week. And it was back to work today. I spent some time today putting some more saftey latches on drawers in the kitchen. The boys have loved pulling out all of my measuring cups. Not a big deal except the step on them, lick them, etc, and I feel like to I need to clean all of them. They also like pulling out this big bottom drawer and use it like a step stool. Sometimes they are both standing in the drawer and I'm afraid it will break sometime. So I was the fun sucker and locked up those drawers along with the utensil drawer since they tried to move on to that one too.
No comments:
Post a Comment