So we thought this past week was going to be pretty slow, but we were wrong. My parents were out of town having fun in New York City and their pool was acting up. My dad said I should just have to put water in it once or twice and back wash it once. Well, that ended up not being the case. I spent several late nights over there making sure the pool was filled up and trying to put some chemicals in to take care of some algea. I felt horrible that I had to keep calling my dad to ask him what I should do next. He was very patient with me though. In the end, the hot tub ended up empty but the pool was okay.
Monday we hung out around home and one of my roommates from college, Deanna, came by for lunch. She is now a drug rep and Kirksville is in her territory, which is awesome. I don't think I have seen her since her wedding and it was awesome getting to catch up. We plan on getting our families together which would be nice. After lunch, Jackson and Ellie got to paint some paddles for their craft that I had picked up a while ago.
And then Ellie had her first day of cheer camp that afternoon and I had my women's study that night. Then on Tuesday, Jackson and Lincoln had hair appointments in the morning and thankfully things went smoothly. Then we headed to my parents to get things ready for friends to come over to swim that morning and open up the house for the cleaners to come. I headed out to the pool to put the pool cleaner in and put some more water in it. And I came back to the house to Lincoln standing on the patio with his pants off and he pointed over to show me something and I look over to see that he had pooped on the patio. I guess he thought since he could pee outside, he could poop too. And I wasn't really upset because I was happy he hadn't pooped in his underwear. I do think we are at the point of only have two in diapers now. Yay! So by the time I got the twins down for their nap, cleaned up Lincoln and his mess, and finished up getting the pool ready, everyone was showing up. The kids had a great time swimming and some of the moms even worked on their dives :-). We ordered pizza for lunch and swam some more. Once everyone left, I worked on the pool again and did the back wash and then noticed the hot tub was getting low on water. I put the hose in and come back a little bit later and noticed the water level was even lower. But I had to run Ellie to cheer camp, feed the babies and then came back to find it looked good. But then I pulled the hose out and the water started dropping again. But then I had to pick Ellie up, so I just let it run until later and came back again that night.
I got a call Wednesday morning from my dad asking if I had seen them on Good Morning America, but I didn't have the tv on. So I turned it on and set it to record and we eventually found them. The kids loved seeing them on tv and Lincoln was sure that Papa could see him and was waving at him. He was in his Cardinals hat and had a pink sign that said something about Good Morning to their 16 grandkids.
For What's Cooking Wednesday, I had the kids help me with dinner. They got to help "cut" some of the items, stir the pasta, mix things up. And then Andrew came home for dinner and then had to go out to the ranch to do some work. I eventually got the kids loaded up around 9 and went over to my parents to start the water again and Andrew turned it off after he got home later that night. But the next morning, Teresa, my parents' neighbor, called to say the pool was making weird noises. I had already planned on taking the kids to the church to help organize some stuff for the Food Pantry for our Think of Others Thursday, so we did that first and then headed over to my parents to start the water again and check on the pumps. My dad ended up having me turn one pump off completely and that ended up helping things.
On Friday, Andrew spent all day at the ranch haying and we headed to the stores in the morning. It was the perfect morning for it because it was qutie a bit cooler than it had been. The kids have turned into quite the helpers and we made it through Aldis and Wal-Mart in record time-under an hour to do both stores. And then when we got home, I forced the kids to go play in the backyard while I put everything away. It is like the almost forgot how to play outside since we have been inside so much with the heat. That evening, Jackson and Ellie went to Tony's birthday party at Leisure World. My parents had gotten home that afternoon and Lincoln couldn't wait to go over and see them. It sounded like they had a great time and really enjoyed seeing everything. I do hope to go someday too, even though Andrew isn't too interested.
Andrew was haying again all day Saturday. The kids and I had been taking time during the week and weekend to go through all of their clothes in the closets and dressers and see what fits and what doesn't. I also went through old clothes in storage and found some stuff for the twins and Lincoln. I dread doing all of it and found out my mom felt the same way when she used to have to do it. Well we finally finished up all of that on Saturday and then went to my parents to swim. Ellie really wanted to do some cheer stunts with Molly and Heather because she got to do one at the end of cheer camp. So they decided the pool would be a great place to do it. Jackson tried to do some too :-).
And my dad figured out that some of the pipes for the pool and hot tube were leaking, so he wanted to repair those before he filled the hot tub up.
And guess who learned to jump off the side all by himself. Andrew worked him through it Sunday night and he was very excited.
I decided that we would try to get out a little earlier today and hit up a park. We made it out around 9:15, not quite as early as I would like, but it worked. We went to Memorial Park and the kids had fun. It was already around 90 degrees though. So we played inside the rest of the day doing shrinky dinks, making s'mores, and watching a Redbox movie.
Miles and Bennett are as sweet as ever. I forgot to mention last time that they are now 7 months old. The other night, I was getting ready to give Miles his last bottle of the night and sat it on the floor so I could get his pjs. His eyes just locked on it and he started going for it. Not really a crawl or even an army crawl, but he made it. And then I made him do it again for a video. It was hilarious. We tried to do it again the next night with both of them, kind of like a race. But the both just sat there and smiled at us. Very anti-climatic :-). They do get around quite a bit and like to get into things.
And sometimes they like to share toys and other times they get a little fiesty.














No comments:
Post a Comment