The week before last we hade several ball games and dentist appointments. Jackson and Ellie thankfully didn't have any cavities this time. We also ventured out to the library which went pretty well even with all five kids. Jackson and Ellie got their library cards and signed up for the reading program. We had my family over for dinner one night and it was nice enough we got to eat out back. On Thursday, we surprised Andrew with his Father's Day present early. He has been wanting a road bike for a while, so I decided to just go for it. I had a local bike guy find a bike for me online and then I ordered it and had it shipped to him, so he could put it together for me. We set up a little hunt for when Andrew came home from work. I had a ribbon tied to the door from the garage and it went downstairs to the office where he found some sunglasses. Then it went all the way up to the bonus room where there was a bike helment and then out the front door and back to the swingset where we had his bike hiding. He was so excited and it was so much fun to surprise him with it. He has been loving it and has rode to the office a few times. One time he rode from the office to my parents' house and Ellie was so excited to see him riding up on it.
We also started the twins on baby food that week. I wasn't looking forward to it because I knew it would add even more time to our schedule, but I finally did it. We started out doing it in the bumbos, but have learned that it is easier in their car seats or the high chairs. They are starting to get the hang of it and haven't seemed too disgusted with anything.
Last Saturday we attended a wedding for Tyler and Danielle, a couple that used to be in our small group. It was a fun wedding and Lissy was the photographer. It was fun to see her in action and, of course, the kids were excited to see her.
Kaitlin and Owen came into town on Saturday and Sara and her kids got into town on Sunday. We spent a lot of time over at my parents with them. We set up swim lessons for the kids every morning that week and there was more swimming in the afternoon. Sara thought it would be good for us to do our schedule of activities. The kids got a break from their chores though. We painted rocks for the dads for Father's Day that said, "You rock Dad" and made them cards. Sara and Bella went to the library with us and she got to check out a book. They also got to watch Jackson and Ellie play baseball. My kids helped me make dinner one night for everyone and they also got to help Sara with some cookies. And there were a couple sleepovers at my parents since the kids had the early swim lessons. It was an exhausting, but fun week hanging out with them and my parents just kept going taking care of everyone. They even made a yummy fried chicken dinner on Saturday night to celebrate Father's Day complete with peach pie and red velvet sheet cake. It was all so delicious. Our Father's Day was pretty low-key and Andrew was glad it was that way. I told him I had wanted to do more, but it just didn't work out. But he thought it was a great day, except for the time he had to spend at the office. We had his family over for lunch and just ordered Coltons, which worked out well. Then we just hung out together and spent some time at the pool. We are so blessed to have such awesome dads to celebrate!
| The lettering from Brady's popcorn container came off on his belly |
Miles & Bennett turned 6 months last Wednesday and they went in for their 6 months appointments on Friday. They did pretty well with their shots and now they don't have to have any until they are one. Miles weighed 16lbs and Bennett was 16lbs 1oz, which puts them in the 40th percentile for their weight. All of their other measurements were the exact same including their length which was 27" and put them in the 70th percentile for their length.
![]() |
| Amanda gave them these outfits when they were born, so we had to get a pic in them |
And lastly, I have some pictures of my latest project. I wanted to change out the entry way a little bit. I changed out the curtains in the dining room to a more neutral cream (and sadly took down the ones my mom made), took out the red cabinet in entry and changed out the rugs. I also used some left over trim pieces from our cabinets that had been sitting in our garage and made a coat rack. I cut it down to the size I needed and my dad was going to help me use some wood glue to glue to the two trim pieces together, but he ended up just doing it for me. I got it up and put some coat hooks on it that I ordered off Ebay and it bowed out a little, so I ended up taking it all down and my dad shaved a little bit off with his saw and while I was in the shower one morning, he showed up and put it back up for me. I really like the way it all turned out and it will be nice for people to have a place to hang their stuff when they come in, especially with small group.

No comments:
Post a Comment