Friday, November 18, 2011

So last Monday Andrew had to head out to northern California for a trial.  He actually left Sunday night because his flight left Kansas City early Monday morning and he was gone through Friday night.  He also had to go back out this week.  People have been really kind offering help hoping to make sure I didn't overdue.  Monday night, the Vincents had us over for dinner and my parents  had us over for dinner Tuesday night.  The boys had hair cuts on Tuesday and it is starting to get pretty uncomfortable trying to hold him on my nonexistent lap while he cries and tries to get away.  I am assuming he will need one more hair cut before the twins come and I'm not sure how we will do that one.

Wednesday was a busy day but went well and then on Thursday morning I had another ultrasound.  I went ahead and had it done in Kirksville since it is pretty uncomfortable to travel these days, especially if I am the one driving.  Everything went well with the ultrasound.  Miles had an estimated weight of 3lbs 10oz and Bennett was 3 lbs 14 oz.  We could only get a profile pic of Miles...

And it looks like Bennett has cheeks like Ellie...

I went stopped by home after the ultrasound to change the laundry and discovered water on the laundry room floor and opened the door to the washer and a wire ring around the seal had popped off.  It is under warranty, so I called the company and they couldn't get someone out until a week and a half later.  So I loaded up the rest of my laundry and took it to my parents to finish.  But before I did, I went down to basement to put some stuff away and discovered some water puddles on the floor in the storage room, unrelated to the washer incident.  It appeared the water was actually coming up through cracks in the basement floor.  Our contractor was going to come by and look at it but it dried up the next day, so he thought maybe we should see if it happens again.  But my Thursday had a good ending as I got to go eat with some friends and then we saw Footloose.  It was a fun night and a fun movie even though it was kind of uncomfortable sitting through the movie.  It ended up being a later night for us as I had to pick up the kids and my laundry after the movie.  I was exhausted.  My mom got to watch the kids yet again the next morning as I had a hair appointment.  I only get my hair cut and colored about twice a year but I still felt bad that my mom had to watch the kids again.  And thankfully during my appointment I was able to get a hold of a different repairman to come look at my washer.  At this point, I didn't care if I had to pay to have it fixed, I just knew I didn't want to wait another week and a half before it was fixed.  And luckily, it ended up being a minor repair and he was done with it in just about 15 minutes.  And Friday night ended well when Andrew showed up just in time for dinner. 

The next morning Jackson had another football game. 
Then afterwards, he and Andrew headed out to go hunting.  I was very surprised to get a text later that afternoon saying Jackson got a deer.  They were both so excited.  I loaded up Ellie and Lincoln and took them out to Tom and Mary's so we could see the deer.  I took a video of Jackson telling me about the hunt and it was very entertaining but too long to put on here. It actually took four shots extended over a couple of hours to get it but it was worth it in the end.  I think Andrew was more excited than he ever was when he got his own.  Jackson said once they got the deer loaded, they got back in the truck and his dad started calling and texting everyone.  (Please ignore the tongue :-))

After church on Sunday, Andrew couldn't convince Jackson to go out hunting with him again.  Jackson was pretty satisfied with his last hunt.  But Ellie wanted to go as long as they got snacks.  I don't think they had much luck but Andrew sent me this picture.
Andrew had to leave again Monday night to catch an early flight Tuesday morning.  But he was able to help with football practice before he left.  I was not looking forward to him leaving because I wasn't feeling that well that night.  It had just been a tiring afternoon/evening chasing Lincoln around as he played outside and at Ellie's dance class then getting dinner ready before Andrew had to leave.  Thankfully he did quick baths before he headed out the door.  And thankfully we didn't have much going on the next day.  We ended up having pancakes for dinner (Ellie's favorite) and put together our shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child.
I had another doctor's appointment on Thursday and everything from the ultrasound looked good and the doctor doesn't have any concerns which is great.  I am pretty uncomfortable, but am so thankful everything is going well.  I am still working on finishing up everything around here.  I put together one of the cribs last week and my dad put together the other one this week.  Last week I also took down the stuff from the walls, patched and painted holes, rearranged the room and put stuff back up.  I think it is pretty much ready to go now and I love it.  It does make me a bit nervous though to think there are going to be two babies.
I am at 31 weeks, so it could still be awhile but I have already packed my bag for the hospital (I think I have had a few actual contractions, so just being safe) and put the blanket covers on the car seats.  Now I just need to remind Andrew where they are because we aren't going to put them in until after the babies come because that would mean Lincoln would have to go to the backseat and I definitely don't need that now. 

So these past couple of weeks have been pretty tiring with the kids activites, appointments, small group, and getting stuff done around the house, but we made it through pretty well.  We have all missed Andrew and will be glad to have him back.  He was supposed to be home around 8:30 tonight but his flight has been delayed quite a bit and he probably won't be home until around 3 in the morning.  But thankfully he doesn't have to go back next week, which was a possibility.  He may still have to go back the last week of November, but at least he gets to be home for a little while.  And I'll end this post with a picture of Ellie and Lincoln.  Lincoln loves for Ellie and Jackson to give him piggy back rides.  He will just crawl onto Ellie's back when she is laying down watching TV and say, "Piggy back ride" and Ellie loves to do it for him.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Allison please slow down some, you are going to be going sooner than u think l love the baby room
Jamies boy Sam got a deer this afternoon with his other granpa he is so excited, Brooke got one last yr, so that was his desire, Joe got one with a bow, and that is his first in a long time, ok please take care of yourself, and keep us posted, the babies are a nice size now, but will gain a lot now,