So I haven't been feeling the best lately and it has led to a lot not being done around the house. It is very frustrating because there is a lot I want to get done. I also have a certain almost 2-year-old that keeps me busy with just cleaning up his messes and trying to stay one step ahead of him to make sure he doesn't make any bigger messes. As I lay in bed not feeling well, I keep thinking that I should just pay someone to come clean my house for me, even if it is just once. And then I think that is crazy and I should definitely be able to handle cleaning my own house. And Jackson and Ellie help out with their chores, but I'm wondering when I can trust them to clean the bathrooms :-).
So on to where I left off last time. On our way home from the airport, we stopped at Andrew's parents to help Lauren celebrate her 5th birthday. They had a little bonfire and cooked hotdogs and smores. The cicadas were out celebrating too and Andrew thought it was great fun to take a big stick and run it through the tree right beside where the fire was and send all the cicadas flying out. I, on the other hand, didn't think it was too funny.

On Tuesday, I had my first OB appointment which went well. I will hopefully be getting an ultrasound sometime this week to make sure everything is looking well. I am around 12 weeks now, so that much closer to hopefully feeling better. And then on Tuesday night, Ellie had her first tee ball game. She was very excited. Gracie is also on her team and they were fun to watch.


Someday Lincoln, someday.

So with Ellie starting tee ball, we have had some busy weeks. Some weeks we have games four nights and some weeks Ellie and Jackson will have games on the same night. One time when this happened, Jackson had an earlier game but Ellie and I had to leave a little early to get to her game. But I got to stay just long enough to watch him get a double (he got a triple at his next game) and see him make a fly ball catch in centerfield. He was just as surprised an everyone else and we all got so excited for him. His coach, Joe, even ran out to the outfield and picked him up. I think the other team thought we were crazy, but we have a young, pretty inexperienced team so it was exciting ot us. Ellie and Jackson also got to go see Kung Fu Panda 2 with Lauren on Thursday for her actual birthday. They said they really liked it. Then on Friday we spent the evening working the K-Life fireworks tent. Lincoln stayed with my parents, but Jackson and Ellie helped out. It was actually a chilly night and only the second night the tent was open, so business was very slow. We made one sale besides the $2 we let Ellie and Jackson spend. So they spent some time playing handball outside and Andrew and the kids even went and got us some hot chocolate.


By Saturday I wasn't feeling well at all. Even though Andrew had a big trial coming up, he took care of the kids most of the day. He decided in the afternoon, he decided to take them out fishing. He sent me a couple pictures while they were out there. One of their favorite parts of going to the ranch, is stopping by the gas station (Jackson used to call it the snack station) and getting some snacks.
It was pretty muddy from the rain we had the night before. I think Lincoln lost his shoes and his pants. You may notice his brown sock on his foot and his muddy jeans hanging on the truck.

Then on Sunday we celebrated Father's Day. Andrew worked at the office most of the day, so we stopped by to give him his present, a new brief case. Then my parents had an early dinner for everyone before Kaitlin and Zane headed home (they came home for the weekend to pick up Max). It was delicious.

Then it was on to another week of ball games and trying to entertain the kids. Jackson had his first basketball camp at the Y. They went from 9-12 Monday-Friday. I think he kind of enjoyed it even if it did get a little long for him by the end of the week. I thought it was really good for him though. At some point during the week we got out the paints and canvases for Jackson and Ellie. They took some time making some great creations.

This past Sunday, our church had a skating party for the kids. They were very excited to go. It was in the middle of Lincoln's nap time, so I wasn't sure how long we would last. This is before they actually started skating.

And this is Jackson after a couple times around the rink. I think he thought it would be easier. He blamed it on having to use roller skates instead roller blades.

Ellie loved it though. She didn't really "skate" but instead just took little steps. But she just kept going.

And then Sunday night we got the big storm. I woke up around midnight to the lightning and sound of wind and no power. Andrew and Jackson were sleeping in the family room and they slept through the whole thing. I guess the wind got up to 70 mph. The kids woke up later in the night when a smaller storm rolled through with more thunder. The next morning I woke up and saw an email on my phone from Andrew that had "tornado" as the subject and all it said was, "I think we had one." He was up at 6 and went to the office and I think was very surprised by all the trees and power lines that were down. I looked out the window to little twigs all over our yard (nothing like the huge limbs and trees that a lot of other people had in their yards), our patio furniture thrown around everywhere and the kids Little Tike pirate ship missing from the back yard. I then looked at the front window just in time to see someone checking out our pirate ship that was now sitting in front yard. I swear it looked like they were thinking about taking it, so I stepped out on the front porch (in my pjs and bedhead) to confront them about it but then they got in their car and left. This was like 6:30 in the morning. Andrew said the ship had been in the middle of the street so he set it in the yard. It's door and roof had blown off. I found the door, but not the roof yet. The screen from our fire pit ended up across the street and the empty lot across from us and landed up against some brush. So I gathered all of our stuff, took a quick shower and the kids, my mom, Molly and I headed to Columbia. We had already planned on going, so we just went ahead with it since we couldn't do much at home without power. Although my parents did have their power back on in the morning. But ours still wasn't on when we got home, so we took all of the food from our fridge/freezer over to Andrew's office and all of our meat in the deep freeze over to my parents. We spent the night at m parents and the kids were happy because they got to swim. The LaBeth's stayed at her mom's along with another family from our neighborhood, so they all came over and swam too. I think the kids were fine with not having power for the night. Luckily ours was on sometime the next morning. The kids and I came over to clean out the fridge and freezer (what better time to do it than when it is empty and the power is off) and were happy to discover the power was on. So we are trying to get caught up on everything and Andrew is off at his trial in Unionville. They went all day yesteray and he thought they would probably go later tonight and tomorrow, hoping to finish it up tomorrow night. And then we have a weekend full of 4th of July activities.
No comments:
Post a Comment