Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Busy Times

Things have been busy around the Farwell household-but it is good. Amanda came back for a few days so it was good to spend some time with her. She is looking great is the most stylish mom-to-be I've seen. Ellie went swimming for the first time last weekend and she seemed to enjoy it- more than her brother at least. Jackson still just likes hanging out on the first few steps. Both Andrew and I tried to take him in further and you would have thought we were trying to torture him the way he reacted. I am determined to teach him to how to swim or at least enjoy the water by the end of the summer.

On Monday we found out the the foundation crew is going to start digging our foundation on Friday if all goes well (of course there is rain in the forecast now) so Andrew and I went and staked out where we want our house to sit. Then on Tuesday everything started happening-Mike, our real estate agent, had an open house for the realtors to come look at our house, we signed the papers for our construction loan with David Rouner, and then we met with our contractor and one of the foundation guys to officially mark out where they were going to dig. So exciting! Jackson can't wait for them to start digging and building our "Thomas blue" house. He thinks Bob the Builder and his friend Scoop are going to help out. He also thinks we should have a blue house which we are not.

The kids are doing good. Jackson is loving to be able to play outside. He gets to play with Addie every now and then and they are starting to play really well together. He is such a stubborn little boy but then he can be so sweet and tells me he loves me and that I am pretty. Ellie is almost six months now! We are trying to get her to sit on her own and think about crawling, but she is not too interested in it. She sure is cute though. She gets pretty ticked off at me when I leave her to play by herself. But whenever I come around and she gives me that big grin, it's hard to get upset at her.


No comments: