Tuesday, March 24, 2020

3 Months! Really??

So, I thought I had done a post in February. Maybe I dreamed it or something. I was surprised to go to the blog and find out that last post I did was about Christmas! This will be a very quick overview of mainly pictures, but it is something. As I'm writing this, the kids have been out of for about 1 1/2 weeks (a four day weekend already scheduled followed by the shut down of schools because of COVID-19 aka coronavirus). I figured this would be a good time to get caught up on the blog. So onto the end of 2019 through mid-March with a separate post about the beginning times of our corona-quarantine.

We ended 2019 without much ado. We usually go out to eat at Pear Tree with my parents and spend the night at their house, but they went to Houston with Kaitlin and Zane while she had appointments at MD Anderson. I was just getting over being sick, so we kept our festivities low-key. We went out to eat at Mi Casa and then swung by Walgreens and let the kids pick out some snacks for the night. I think the twins were up the latest watching episodes of Phineas and Ferb. And the next day we went to Columbia and took the kids to Sky Zone, ate at Texas Roadhouse and swung by Dick's to look around.







We had several snowfalls which led to multiple snow days. The kids had fun playing outside in it and also found stuff to do inside, especially trying out Andrew's new weights.

























We celebrated Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day. The kids weren't supposed to have school on Valentine's Day, but had to because of a previous snow day. Lincoln and the twins had little parties at school and exchanged Valentine's. The kids anxiously awaited to open their mailboxes which had candy, movie theater gift certificates and cooling towels. Then the leprechauns came for St. Patrick's Day and destroyed the living room and left some candy and St. Patrick's day goodies. We think Buddy may have eaten some of the gold coins though. Thankfully he didn't show any adverse reactions.



Another celebration we had was Molly's Bachelorette party. We were supposed to go to Disney World for a long weekend as also a sisters' weekend, but we postponed it since Kaitlin was receiving chemo and couldn't come with us. We ended up just all meeting at my parents' for the weekend without kiddos. The first night we set out some of her favorite snacks and I gave her an early gift-a Bachelor shirt and the pjs my mom gave me when I got married :-). Rachel Hix came that night and we did a paint party and painted a Tangled scene. The next day we all crammed into my dad's car (8 of us in the Yukon) and went up to Pella to visit with Kaitlin. We had a nice day going to lunch and walking around downtown looking at the shops and ended with spending some time visiting at a coffee shop before heading back to Kirksville. It was a great visit for all of us and Kaitlin was doing well. We got back in Kirksville and had a little bit of time before we then went the other direction and had dinner at Pear Tree. When we made it back to my parents' that night, Molly got to open the rest of her presents while we were in our pjs. Then we all went to church together the next morning before everyone started heading home. It was such a nice, relaxing weekend spending time my family.








January and February were full of basketball. I felt like that is about all we did whether week or weekend. Jackson was playing on the Freshmen team, Ellie was playing for a Lady Tigers traveling team, Lincoln was on Kaos again and the twins had their team. They only got to play one more weekend because of weather, but it was 6 games in one day. We didn't count practices, but we think we had around 80 games of just our kids. I love basketball though and loved watching the kids. They all had great seasons, although Ellie's ended early. One game they ended up with several injured players, so the coach decided to pull them out of the rest of that tournament and the tournament the following weekend. They just had Show Me games left, but 2 of them were still injured and then another one came down with the flu, so they decided not to go. And while Jackson didn't play on the varsity team, they had a good run and made it to the quarterfinals. The day they left for St. Louis, the team bus drove to Ray Miller and the Primary school and met the kids outside to give high fives. The kids made signs and cheered them on. I was on a run while they were doing it and got a picture.































Things started to slow down in March with basketball being over for everyone. Jackson and Ellie jumped right into track practice and Lincoln into baseball and soccer. He had some baseball practices and a couple indoor soccer games in Macon. And then it all came to a halt with the coronavirus.

No comments: