Let’s see if I can do a quick run down of this last week.
Monday was business as usual in the morning-workout, kids to school, help in classes,
clean house and prep for bible study. We got a good amount of rain that day, so
Jackson’s track practice was canceled along with the twins’ first soccer practice.
So, that cleared out schedule a little bit. We ate an early dinner and then
dropped the kids (except Jackson) off at my parents and Andrew and I went to a
K-Life meeting. Jackson stayed at home and Leah gave him a ride to K-Life a
little later that evening for the Cross Talk. He said they had a great turnout
and he thought the leaders did a good job with their presentation. My dad got
Ellie to dance class and we were able to pick her up by the time she was done.
Tuesday was bible study day, which went well, but we did
have to finish up a little earlier so that I could get to the TriFAHL meeting.
Then it was off to the Primary to see Lincoln’s class presentations on national
symbols. This was a quick project that they mostly did at school. He was supposed
to collect some items at home that he could use to construct his symbol at
school and they only had one day to do it. Thankfully, Alex and Ty helped him
come up with some ideas along with me and he was able to take some partially
spray-painted pieces (we only had part of a can of white paint at home) of cardboard,
Legos and straws to school. He then used it to construct the Lincoln Memorial.
He had a short speech he gave along with it as did other kids in his class and
they all did a great job.
And the boys still played outside even though the weather
was kind of yucky.
That evening, Jackson had small group and Lincoln had
soccer. I took one of his friends home afterwards and they were both muddy
messes since the field was so wet and we hadn’t seen the sun in a while to start
drying it out. That night, I made some peanut butter cookie “muffins” for an
Easter dessert to take out to Matthew and Kristin’s the next night. Thankfully
we did see the sun on Friday and the kids got out and enjoyed it. Andrew spent
a lot of time at home and he worked on building a second work bench for the
ranch. Ellie and Jackson helped out some on it too.
I had my biggest workout yet on Friday. I had a 4 hour 15
minute bike ride that I did on the trainer. It was in z2 except for 5 minutes
at z4 at the 4 hour mark. I distracted myself with doing my daily devotional,
reading the chapters for our bible study, paying bills, ordering some summer
clothes for the kids and the like. I didn’t even turn on the TV. Then I had a
45 minute run and since it was nicer outside, I decided to go outside to do it.
Afterwards, I did an Epsom salt bath to help ward off sore muscles. And I think
it helped as I only had one spot on my lower back that was sore that had
bothered me before after long bike rides.
Before we headed out to Matthew and Kristin’s, Ellie helped
me finish off our dessert.
Andrew went out before us and put out some hay and then just
met us at the house. Kristin made a delicious dinner and even did a quick egg
hunt for the kids before Ellie and I had to leave to go to a last minute dance
class for her competition routine. I told Melody we would probably be late, and
we were. But I was able to go by Walgreens and go wash the car before I had to
pick Ellie up. Saturday looked to be promising weather-wise. Andrew took the
kids out to the ranch and they were out there for a while. They went around with
his mom to pick up mineral tubs and she promised them $1 per tub. I think they
all made some decent money.
Back home, I worked on picking up the house in general, getting
stuff ready for Easter, doing laundry and eventually headed out on my run. I
thought it was going to be warmer as it was in the 50s, but the wind was pretty
stiff, and I didn’t dress accordingly. I was really wishing I had a thicker
shirt on, my gloves and something to cover my ears. I was supposed to do 1 hour
45 minutes, but I realized about 45 minutes in that I needed a bathroom break,
so I headed towards home. I took a quick bathroom break, grabbed my ear cover
and a warmer shirt and headed back out for my last 40 minutes feeling much
warmer. As I was heading out again, Andrew and the kids were coming home, so
they drove by me and talked for just a bit.
The rest of the day was kind of low key. We did our own
version of egg dying using the fake eggs, markers and Ziploc bags. It kind of
worked and definitely wasn’t as messy as using dye.
I was pretty late getting dinner going and we didn’t eat
until about 8. They were watching God’s Not Dead, so we just threw some
blankets on the floor and continued watching as we ate dinner.
I had planned to go to the store that night, but just couldn’t
muster up the energy to do it. It was a late night and the kids didn’t get to
bed until closer to 11. So, they weren’t too anxious to get up the next
morning. I actually had to wake them up to make sure we had time to do Easter
baskets and make it to church by 9. They started searching the house for the
baskets. Ellie found everyone else’s before she found hers. The twins and
Lincoln got Spinjitzus and were anxious to get those put together. I made
Easter “bunnies” out of canned cinnamon rolls that kind of turned out 😊.
Then it was the mad rush to get ready, try to get a decent
picture and head to church. It was cold and the forecast called for snow, but
it wasn’t falling yet.
We had a good church service that was about proving the
resurrection of Jesus and when we came out of the building, the snow was coming
down. Since I didn’t get to the store the night before, Andrew and the kids ran
me by Wal-mart for a quick stop. Then it was back home and time for our own egg
hunt. We had never had one of our own before and since it was snowing pretty
well outside by this time, we decided to do it inside. We sent the kids up to
their rooms and hid the eggs on the main floor and the basement. I hid the
silver egg in the little microwave of the play kitchen and the gold egg was put
in two bags and then under the plunger in the basement bathroom. Ellie was quick
to find the silver egg but it took a while and a few hints to find the gold
egg. And in the end, Ellie found it too. And once she started opening her eggs,
she ended up with a lot of the cash ones. There was some definite
disappointment, especially from the twins. We need to keep working on that
being a good loser thing.
The kids spent the rest of the day just hanging out and not
doing too much. I enjoyed my rest day from training and started cleaning up
from all the Easter stuff. The snow kept coming and in the end I think we had
about 5 inches. My parents were in Kansas City for the weekend and said they
would bring back Strouds for Easter dinner, but the wait was going to be too
long, so they decided to just do Hy-Vee fried chicken and then it became a breakfast
dinner. Either way, my kids were happy to go see them. They had a bit of a
rough trip back from KC, especially from Macon to Kirksville. We got over there
around 5 and Ellie and I made resurrection rolls while my parents made dinner.
But the rolls weren’t as popular as we had hoped, so not sure we will make them
again. But the rest of the dinner was good. Everyone was tired though, so we
headed home to get ready for the upcoming week.

















No comments:
Post a Comment