I totally got behind on doing the blog for this week and am hoping to remember random highlights from the week. We'll see how this goes.
Lincoln and I both eventually recovered from being sick and thankfully no one else came down with anything. Lincoln did have the skip our dentist appointments on Monday, but they were able to get him in on Thursday. The twins each had a cavity...kind of frustrating but only two cavities out of five kids isn't too bad. Ellie got to go with Lissy for the rest of the day and make Twix cupcakes. She has been wanting to bake with Lissy for a while. She also helped Lissy with some photo shoots over a couple days.
I made multiple trips to Wal-Mart making sure we had everything we needed for kamp. I also was able to snag Cardinal's backpacks for the twins on clearance for 50% off. They were so excited about them and quickly dumped their preschool backpacks.
We worked on a project I have been meaning to do all summer. My cousin, Matt, and a boy from Jackson's class, Nate, are both battling leukemia. They were diagnosed within weeks of each other this past winter. We made them care packages and I printed off some encouraging bible verse art and had the kids write a quick message on them.
It was a really hot week, so we didn't go swimming as much. But that did give us time to pack things up for kamp. It was a little bit of a chore with three going this year. And I couldn't do the clothes too early or they wouldn't have anything to wear. I packed it all up Thursday night and Lincoln said he didn't have any underwear to wear after his shower that night so he had to wear pj pants (he usually just wears underwear to bed). Thankfully there were a couple pair in the laundry to get him through..and I constantly did laundry to make sure they had socks, underwear, etc. Here was Ellie showing Lincoln how I had bookmarked and highlighted some special verses in his bible.
Jackson had his last week of football camp. Even though it was pretty toasty out there, I never heard him complain. The only minor complaint is that he didn't have any shorts that fit for his last two nights of camp since everything was packed up. He did look a little funny in the shorts that were a bit too short. But we had to pack 10 pairs of shorts...I know he definitely doesn't need more than that the rest of the year, so I'm not going to buy him more for one week out of the year. He handled it pretty well though :-).
Friday evening we had Lincoln's birthday party with our families. We had an excessive heat warning, so we moved the party back to 7pm when the heat index had dropped to 104 :-). I was able to use the decorations from his 5th birthday and change out the numbers. And we didn't even mess with putting up the lanterns-it was just too hot and he wouldn't notice. We ordered pizza, let the kids swim, opened presents and had cake. They had a good time and Lincoln was pretty excited about all of his presents. Afterwards, I made one last trip to Wal-Mart and we got home around 10.
The twins stayed the night with my parents and got to go to St. Louis the next day to attend Charlotte and Annie's birthday party. It was a record high in St. Louis that day. We left around 7 Saturday morning, stopped at a Mexican restaurant in Springfield and ended up being the first ones at K7 at around 1:15. I actually thought it would take us a little longer to get there. Jackson got checked in and then we waited until 2 for everything to open. It was shaded, so that was nice. We still had sweat rolling down all over us though. Opening at K-7 is neat. Keith Chancey, come up first on his four wheeler and gets the kids excited while you can hear the counselors cheering in the background and then they run up the road, do a few cheers and then form a tunnel for the kids to run through. Then while the kids make their way to the church for announcements, the counselors run that way too, around the parents. Lincoln kept looking back like he was about to be run over as kept running by him :-). Jackson ended up in Teepee 8 and actually knew one kid in his teepee, which was great since we didn't think he would know anyone since he was going a different term. He didn't need us to stick around and make his bed which worked out great for us so we could get moving and get Ellie and Lincoln to their kamp. We made a quick run by the store and then headed over to K-Kountry.
We met up with Andy and their family, the kids got checked in and then it was time for their introductions. Ellie ended up in Barn 9 and was disappointed that Briley was in 8. Lincoln was in Barn 2. Ty was waiting for Lincoln when they announced him and gave him a hug. Andrew went with Lincoln and I went with Ellie. We didn't have Ellie's bedding yet though as her duffle didn't make it yet. So, I went to check on Lincoln and found Ellie's duffle on the boys side. We finished getting Lincoln all set up and said our goodbyes. He was all good, but the boy in the bunk next to him was crying, so I hope that didn't effect him at all. We met Ellie leaving her barn as we made our way over to make her bed and we got one more goodbye from her as we left.
Then it was back to the quiet, air-conditioned car for the trip home. We stopped in Columbia and had Panera and then made our way home. The next morning we went on a 37 mile bike ride since we didn't have any kids at home. It was a bit of a frustrating ride though as I was having issues with my gearing that made it more difficult to ride and some of the roads had the fresh oil/gravel on them which made me a nervous wreck thinking I was going to wipe out. So, it wasn't my best ride but Andrew kept reminding me it was a good, tough ride. I guess you need those every now and then. I just always want to have a good, fast ride.
Andrew went out to brush hog after that and I spent a lot of my time trying to remove caulk in our shower that had mold under it or was starting to peel off. It was more of a chore than I was hoping and took some time. Then I cleaned it and left it to dry while putting up a sign to remind Andrew and I not to use the shower because I wanted it completely dry so I could recaulk the next day. We were supposed to have my parents, Amanda and her kids over for dinner that night, but Andrew wasn't sure when he would be done, so we put it off until Monday night. My parents got home with the twins that afternoon along with Amanda and her kids, so they all went swimming and ordered pizza for dinner and I joined them. A good end to a hot, busy week.



















No comments:
Post a Comment