Monday, November 21, 2016

Let the Holiday Busyness Begin

We had some nice weather last Monday and was hoping to get a run in but it just didn’t happen. I helped in Lincoln’s class and when I got home, Andrew had just gotten home from picking up the beef. So I organized it all in the freezers and by the time I got done with that, I didn’t have time to head out for a run before I needed to pick up the twins. The twins spent most of the afternoon playing ninjas and rollerblading around the house. Actually the rollerblades were popular again this week for all the kids.


I worked some more on Ellie’s birthday just wanting to get everything finalized and planned out for both parties so that they wouldn’t take up much time when the parties actually came around. I also started working on ideas for the twins’ birthday that will be here before we know it. The time passed way too quickly and I had so much I wanted to get done. But we headed out to pick up the kids for school and while we were waiting in line to get Ellie, I got a text from Ellie’s teacher asking if she was staying after school. I totally forgot that she had her math practice, she we got out of the line and went to run a couple errands before picking up Jackson and Lincoln. Then we ran a couple more errands and went back to Ellie’s school to wait to pick her up. We had about 15 minutes, so we worked on Lincoln’s homework and I worked on the blog. When we got home, everyone got on their rollerblades again. That evening we went to Colton’s for the ranch dinner. Colton’s was super crowded so it was good that Andrew’s parents had reserved a spot ahead of time since they had around 30 people there. When we got home, Ellie and Miles were skating again and they tripped over each other. I thought they were okay but then Ellie started crying and saying her rear was hurt. And it still hurt the next morning. It felt a little better after school but she was still complaining of it hurting. The weather was beautiful on Tuesday and I was really wanting to get some running/biking in outside but the temperatures were still pretty cool in the morning, so I stuck with working out indoors. Andrew was able to get a bike ride in during the afternoon though. After I picked up the kids from school, we ran by the church that was collecting the shoe boxes and dropped ours off.  

When we got home, the kids convinced their friends to put on their rollerblades too and they rolled in circles around our island before heading outside for a bit. That evening after dinner, Jackson had basketball practice. I dropped him off, did my grocery shopping and picked him up. When we got home, Andrew had the other kids playing hide-n-seek around the house. He would help them pick out hiding spots sometimes and on their last round, he helped Bennett hide behind the pillows on our bed and no one could find him. He laid still behind them for at least 10 minutes.

I ended up staying up late Tuesday night working on stuff for Ellie’s birthday and going through some Christmas decorations deciding what to switch up and what I could use differently after the remodel. I kept meaning to get a lot done with the party stuff and never got it done during the day, so I just stayed up and got most of it crossed off my list. The next morning, I got some of the bathrooms cleaned before taking the kids to school. Then I swam some laps and rushed home to grab a bite to eat and head out on the bike. It looked like our warm days were coming to an end, so I wanted to get one last ride in and it was my only chance. I did 18 miles and got done in enough time to get dinner started in the crockpot before picking up the twins from school. I didn’t bother getting ready until later since I still had the kids’ bathroom to clean. The twins were excited to show me the new trinkets they got from the prize box for being good at chapel. They said they were good and sang the songs. Andrew ended up picking up the other kids from school and then he and Jackson went out hunting. Ellie went with them too and hung out with Lauren while they were hunting. She said Lauren was in the horse pasture when she got there, so Matthew gave her a ride down on the four-wheeler and then they played there for a bit and walked back up to the barn. Then they got to make cookies with Granny.

I made dinner and had the others start eating and had given up on soccer practice since it was six and I hadn’t heard from Andrew on when they were going to be home. They showed up at 6:15 though and he took Ellie and Lincoln to practice while I cleaned up from dinner. It was their last practice of the season and who would have thought it would be almost 60 degrees at 6:30 in the middle of November.

Lincoln came into my room early Thursday morning and climbed into bed but decided to go ahead and get ready for the day when I got on the bike trainer, which is in our room. That morning, I had our women’s study at our house and then I worked the book fair at the Faith Lutheran. I worked from 10:30-11:30 and the twins get out of school at 11 but their teacher said they could stay out on the playground with them until they came in at 11:15. Then they looked through all the books and both decided on a Paw Patrol book with stickers. Later that afternoon, they got to go out deer hunting with Andrew. Andrew was pretty sure they wouldn’t see anything since it was so windy, but he knew they would like to go for a bit.


Ellie and Lincoln had Little K after school so I just had to pick up Jackson and we gave Zach a ride home to. Our evening got busy after that. I picked the kids at K-Life around 5 and dropped Ellie off at dance. Then Jackson had to get to small group at 6, pick up Ellie at 6:15 and then out to Leisure World for the soccer skating party. The kids were so excited since they had been skating around the house. They got their skates on and went right on the rink and did so well. I was so impressed with how well Miles and Bennett did. It was pretty crowded but they didn’t let that bother too much. We stayed for about 45 minutes and then took Ellie back to dance and back home for a bit before picking up Jackson from K-Life.


The cold came Friday and we were not fans. It was very windy too, so that made it worse. The kids didn’t like having to wait for me in the pick-up lines at school. That evening we had Andrew’s family in for dinner. I hadn’t thought about it, but it was the first time most of them had seen the house since the remodel. Andrew grilled chicken and thankfully it actually worked since it was so windy. We had a nice dinner and then we had cinnamon rolls for dessert. It was a nice evening and then they took Ellie with them so she could have a sleepover with Lauren, Ashlyn and Savannah. Savannah was super excited. And the next morning, Lincoln got to go hunting with Andrew. Andrew actually tried to talk him out of it since it was going to be so cold, but he really wanted to go. Andrew told he needed several layers of clothes and to get them all ready so he brought them all downstairs the night before. And he put them in a circle in the order he planned on putting them on.

The next morning, they headed out around 5:30. Jackson opted out and slept in. He had a basketball game at 10 and when we got home from that Andrew and Lincoln had just gotten home.

We ate a quick lunch and then headed out for the flag procession for Matt Lewellen. We ended up at the Health and Fitness Center and let the boys wait in the car until we thought it was close to time that they would be coming. It was very neat to see all the people standing out by the road and reading/seeing pictures about those who were doing it along the rest of the route to Jacksonville. It was also neat to see all the Patriot Riders leading the procession. But it was sad and sobering thinking about what his family was going through.


Andrew and Jackson headed out to hunt that afternoon. I made Jackson some hot chocolate and was sad to see that he actually forgot it. There was a little left that I let him heat up when he got home. I think Andrew got a doe so that they could have some meat. While they were gone, I worked putting together a big shopping list to get food for the week and get most of the food I needed for Ellie’s birthday party. I got close to finishing up Christmas shopping and need to start getting everything boxed up and set up my wrapping room. I kept meaning to get it done, but it never happened. When Andrew came home, he brought Ellie too and she looked pretty tired. Plus she had glitter all over her hair and some sort of face paint or makeup on. She said she had a lot of fun though and they stayed busy with all sorts of activities. Lincoln got to go to his first sleepover Saturday night with Alex. When they found out I said that he could go, they had big smiles go across their faces and they couldn’t contain their excitement. The other kids watched the new Ice Age movie and then I took Lincoln over to Alex’s as I was heading out to go grocery shopping. He said he had fun when he got home the next morning.





Andrew decided to go to the office instead of hunting Sunday morning and then we went to church. Then, he and Jackson headed out to the ranch after lunch to do their last bit of hunting. They didn’t have any luck with big bucks, but Jackson got a big doe. While they were gone, I got busy putting up Christmas decorations and decorating the tree. It took me most of the day since I was changing things up just a bit with the remodel but I did leave some things to put up after Ellie’s birthday so they don’t interfere with her decorations. Lincoln was in and out playing with friends while Ellie didn’t do that much. I think she was tired from her sleepover. She did try to do some weaving that she learned at school but stick with it too long. The twins were fun to listen to and watch as I was working. They were in their own little world of make believe with their cars, trucks and planes. They did get to put a few ornaments on the tree and were very excited about their new Spiderman ornaments. Lincoln put some on too when he was around. Ellie and Jackson ended up going to the movies with Molly to see the new Harry Potter movie so I saved some of their ornaments for them to put on when they got home. 



No comments: