Monday was time to get serious about getting the kitchen all
cleared out since they were coming the next day to start the remodel. I even
got the kids in on it and had them bag up food from the pantry and take it down
to the basement. I’m glad I did quite a bit beforehand, because it still took
me all day to finish everything. I had to clear out the fridge and pantry, all
the drawers and some of the cabinets that still had stuff in them and then set up everything in the basement. Andrew
helped Dan take the table and chairs they bought for Brett to their house and
also helped me move the china cabinet, another cabinet and the dining room
table to different places around the house to get them out of the area where
they would be changing out the floor. I finished taking down all the pictures
and stored them away. I had thought about making one last dinner but quickly
decided against it and we just ordered Mexican. In the evening, while I was
packing up stuff, Andrew worked on my bike for me. He noticed my front tire was
flat. I had gone for a ride that morning and am wondering if it happened
sometime then because it was a slower ride than I was hoping for. Then Jackson
had a growing up moment Monday when we let him walk to the movie theater with some
friends. They walked so they could play Pokemon Go on their way there and
Andrew was nice enough to let him have his phone for the afternoon.
Tuesday morning, Andrew and Jackson went out to the ranch to
work his cows and I got a run in on the treadmill before the crew showed up at
8:30. They put plastic up to keep the mess in a confined space but then we
couldn’t see what all was going on. While they were working, I had the kids go
through some of their old fall clothes with me that we either passed down or
gave away and then brought clothes out of storage-old and new- and washed those
and put them away. Ellie went through several ideas of projects she wanted to
do and ended up making slime out of flour and dish soap. She was very excited.
The guy that bought all the cabinets and appliances showed up around lunch time
and started loading up everything. To stay out of the way for a bit, we went
over to my parents to swim and they were all gone when we got home. They had
put up some new plastic sheeting that
went all the way to the top of the vaulted ceiling that had a zipper door in it
so the kids thought that was cool.
We ordered pizza that night and served it from the laundry
room counter J.
Andrew worked on my bike some more as it was skipping gears every now and then
and then we went over to the LaBeths for a last minute End of Summer get
together. The kids had s’mores and popcorn, they watched a movie for a little
bit and then played some night games.
Wednesday morning I went for a swim and they were ready to
start on the work again when I got home. Only one guy came that day but he took
out the pantry and the wall which was exciting. I got all the light fixtures
ready for the people that were buying them and took down the pictures in the
stairway going upstairs since we decided to repaint all of that too. That afternoon
we went swimming at my parents. The kids were wanting some of their friends to
come, so we invited them last minute. It was probably the last time for the
summer. Then that night I ended up going out with some friends to La Fuente for
dinner and then to see Bad Moms. I
did feel a bit bad that I got to eat out while the rest of my family had cereal
for dinner J.
Dinner was a good time but the movie wasn’t for me. It was definitely funny but
pretty crude and vulgar.
On Thursday we tried to squeeze in some “special days” which
were more like a special few hours. And before we left, I actually started some
chicken fajitas in the crockpot. I got Jackson and Ellie in on the fun and had
them wash the knife and cutting board from cutting the peppers in the bathroom
sink while I finished getting it all ready. Then we dropped all the kids but
Ellie off with my mom and Ellie and I went to get pedicures. We actually didn’t
have to wait at all which was nice. And Ellie loved hers. It was fun to spend
some one on one time with her but since our time was limited, we just did the
pedicures and then picked up some McDonalds for her and the three youngest
boys. Then it was Jackson’s turn. He went grocery shopping with me. It sounds
pretty lame, but he actually likes doing it and helping me. But his special
part of it was that he got to get Subway for lunch, which he loves but rarely
gets. We got to talk about the upcoming school year and how he was feeling
about going into the middle school. Then we dropped off the groceries and went
to pick up the others. They were just finishing up swimming when we got there.
We stopped by Dairy Queen on the way home since the twins had been begging for
shakes. That evening, Andrew went to a football meeting after dinner and then
spent the rest of the evening at the office. And he brought some work home for
me so I did that before going to bed.
The next morning was Lincoln’s turn, so we stopped by the
bank to make office deposits first and he was excited to get his sucker. And
then we went and got donuts. It was pretty quick and we even picked up a
breakfast sandwich for Andrew to heat up for lunch. On the way home, he brought
up the question again of whether he had to get married or not. And he again
said he didn’t want to get married. I asked him why and he said, “Because I
don’t like kissing.” J
He said he always turns his head when he sees people kiss. So he and Alex are
going to live in the forest together (Alex doesn’t want to get married either)
and pool their money together to buy computers. I asked him what he was going
to do to earn money and after deciding that he does need to do something, he
decided he would be a lawyer. But he was concerned that he would have to leave
the house for that, but maybe just a few days a week. Then they would play
Minecraft. I asked him if would still like Minecraft in 20 years and he was
absolutely sure he would.
On the way home, I got a call from Ellie telling me that the
twins had been fighting and Bennett hit Miles so Jackson sent him to his room
and Bennett was crying. I could hear Bennett crying and I could hear the
workers, so I knew they could hear him too. I got back just a few minutes after
the call and Jackson told me that Bennett was throwing things at Miles and
hitting him, so Jackson sent him to his room. Bennett was upstairs sobbing and
I imagine the workers thought we were all crazy. By this point, they had taped off the stairs so we had to get creative with getting up and down.
That afternoon, after lunch I headed out to go to Tampa to visit Caroline and
Jared and get to snuggle with Miss Emmie. I picked up Kaitlin at my parents and
we drove to Kansas City to fly out. We got into Tampa around 9:40 and Caroline
picked us up and we ran to Target for her to pick up a few things. Then we got
to go to their apartment to get to meet sweet Emmie and snuggle with her. We
had a great weekend visiting them. We got to spend some time by their pool the
next day and then Andy and Autumn got into town. We ate dinner out a couple
nights and I got to stay up with Emmie one night and do her feedings. She was a
good girl and only got up at 3 and 7. We all did stay up late most nights for
some reason though. We went to a beach one afternoon where Emmie had her first
blow out which was pretty funny. I did feel a bit guilty for laying out on the
beach without Andrew and the kids. I got to enjoy some reading though. We all
flew back to Kansas City Monday afternoon.
Andrew and the kids stayed busy while I was gone. They went
out to the ranch to and rode horses. Of course, there was a trip to La Fuente
for dinner. Andrew had some football meetings, Jackson had a football clinic
and then there was Jackson’s big middle school orientation. I hated that I
couldn’t be there. I had purchased my ticket to Tampa before I knew he had that
going on. He could pick up his schedule around noon and then they had an
orientation. Andrew said the lady checking them in said they didn’t really need
to go to the orientation so they just found where his classes were, found his
locker and worked on unlocking it. They had a luau later that night which was
actually just a barbecue and then the kids played water games while the parents
went to meetings. So after I got into town, I dropped off Kaitlin at my parents
and then went to the school and got there just in time for the parent meetings
to start. Leah had taken Jackson and was even nice enough to get some pictures
of him for me. After we met with some of the teachers, I was talking to Jackson’s
teacher from last year who has changed schools and will be his math teacher
this year. And Jackson snuck up on me and gave me a hug and he was all wet J. We went back by his
locker quickly to try it out again and then came home because Andrew had a
football meeting. They worked hard while I was gone and mowed the yard, did
haircuts and even did some laundry but there was still a lot to get caught up
on so I jumped right in and got to work. The kids were in and out and were
happy to see me when they noticed I was home J.
I also took a peek at our cabinets that had been delivered and I loved what I
could see. And now it is time to try to
get to bed as the next few days are sure to be full.



























No comments:
Post a Comment