Monday and the cooler weather brought along the perpetual
question, where is your jacket? Ellie thought she left hers at one of her
friends’ houses. Lincoln eventually found his in my car. And Jackson was
thankful I picked his up out of the Vincent’s yard the night before. But they
all got off to school with a jacket, so I was thankful. Andrew took them while
I finished up my bike ride and did my PT. After I got ready I got some puzzles
out for the twins and they played with them a lot during the day. I would help
them here and there but they impressed me with their skills.
We again had dinner early and then headed out separate
ways…Andrew and Jackson to football and the rest of us to Lincoln’s soccer
practice. While he practiced we played around with some soccer balls at another
goal. We would kick it down the field, try to make goals, throw the ball up on
the back of the goal so it would roll back down and they liked for me to make a
“hoop” out of my arms so they could shoot the ball through it. I think we were
successful in passing the time at practice and wearing them out a bit. Miles is
getting a bit of a cold, so he did a lot of it while holding onto a Kleenex he
brought along with him. Plus he was excited to find the dandelions and blow
them. The kids played outside a bit when we got home and then it was time for
me to take Ellie to tumbling. I was able to get caught up on my reading for
small group and Andrew had the kids ready for bed when we got home.
It rained a little Tuesday morning but the sun eventually
came out. When I dropped off the twins, their school pictures were in their
cubbies and they were so sweet. Bennett didn’t want me to take them home so I
had to put them in their backpacks so they could bring them home after school.
After I left their classroom I had to head downstairs to the supply closet to
see if I could find Fall Festival decorations. I found some stuffed scarecrows
but I still have no idea what I am supposed to be doing as far as being the “unofficial”
chair of decorating. Next stop was the bank where I finally got around to
setting up savings accounts for the twins and depositing money for the other
three that we have had sitting around the house. The guy I worked with to set
up the accounts had a couple frames on his wall with albums from Jars of Clay
and Michael W. Smith. I guess he used to work for some record companies selling
their albums, which was neat.
Once I got home I spent the rest of my time on the phone
trying to cancel our phone and internet service for the office so we switched
providers. They definitely make it inconvenient and I still had to finish up
after I picked up the twins. The twins spent their time after lunch and before
their nap pulling out every puzzle they could find in our game/craft cabinet
and worked on putting them together. After picking up the others at school
Ellie had to get busy finishing up her homework and getting ready for
gymnastics. She had her I’m Third study conference call but could only stay on
for 15 minutes before her ride arrived to take her to Macon. Jackson and Lincoln went out to play with
their friend and the twins played out front while I planted some bulbs around
our flower beds. They decided they wanted to build their “hiding place” outside
by bringing down all the riding toys and trying to pile them into a big group.
They weren’t very excited when it was time to go in and start dinner and I had
them bring some of the toys back up the garage though. Then after dinner they
went out back to play with Andrew while I cleaned things up. Soon Ellie was
back and was so excited to have some spaghetti waiting for her.
Wednesday ended up being a little bit of a crazy day. I
got up and worked on cleaning the bathrooms. But when the twins got up it was clear to see
that Bennett had a bit of a bloody nose sometime during the night. So I got him
in the shower and worked on cleaning up that mess. So we were a little behind
schedule on getting to school even though everyone got to where they needed to
be on time. But then I was later getting to the pool and doing my laps. After I
was done, I went home and quickly got ready and then headed to US Cellular to
get a new phone. They don’t open until 10 and thankfully I got there a little
after 10 and didn’t have to wait too long. But it did take a while to figure
out what plan we should go with and get my phone set up. Thankfully Andrew was
able to pick up the twins because I didn’t get back to the house until after
11:30. I was late laying the twins down for their nap because I needed to dry
the Bennett’s bedding. Then I worked on trying to get everything set up on my
phone and get stuff ready for small group. Before I knew it, it was time to
pick up the other kids from school. Jackson had football practice so he and
Andrew left around 5. The twins did their job of pulling out all the puzzles and
games again while I was trying to get everything cleaned up. I felt like I was
just running around from one thing to the next and finally got to sit down when
small group started. Thankfully Jackson’s practices are getting done just a little
after seven now so Andrew was able to join us for the discussion part of small
group.
The next morning I got a bike ride in before the kids got
up and then got breakfast ready for some of them. I feel like I have to mention
that Lincoln is still eating his apple spice oatmeal, the same kind he has for
the last couple of years. He always expects it J.
After I dropped the kids off, I went to my physical therapy appointment. She
gave me a couple more exercises to do and said I didn’t need to come back
unless something came up. Then I ran home to try to get some St. Louis Polar
Express tickets. I had my phone and computer ready. The presale started at 9 and
I didn’t have the right link. So Sara sent it to me and I tried calling. The
call was useless because they said they weren’t selling them yet. I was able to
get online but was never able to get the tickets I needed. Everything was
selling out. I tried for about a half hour and gave up. I needed to get dinner
started and get to the store. I was sad though because I was excited about
surprising the kids with the tickets. The regular sale is the 13th,
so I’ll try again then. But then I was
off to the stores. I rushed through and had just enough time to unload the
groceries and then go pick up the twins but as I was putting some soda in the
pantry for a s’mores night we were having Friday, one of the cans sprung a leak
and was spraying in the pantry. So I tried to quickly clean it up and rushed
out to pick up the twins. On my way there I called Andrew since I noticed he
had tried to call me and he already had the twins and was heading home. So I
just turned around and came back to get lunch ready. The twins said they had a
good day at school and immediately started into their puzzles again.
That afternoon was K-Life so we just had to pick up
Lincoln from school. He was excited to show me that part of his homework was “reading”
to me with a small sight word/decodable word book. Next up was making some
banana muffins. One of the items he can do for his homework (he has a sheet of
items for each month and he has to complete 15 of them) was to help cook, so we
did just that. When I told him we were going to make some, he said, “Do you
know why I have this smile on my face? Because I super, super love banana
muffins. After we got them into the oven, he was off to play with his friends.
Andrew picked up Jackson and Ellie from K-Life and they thankfully didn’t have
practice. Ellie did have tap, ballet and jazz though. She got to play with her
friends with a few minutes before it was time to go. But since Andrew was home,
I didn’t have to load everyone up to take her which was nice. I finished up
dinner after I got home and then Andrew did a quick job of mowing the lawn
after we were done. After I picked up Ellie I ended up going back to US
Cellular to switch out my phone. I was missing some of the features my previous
phone had and decided to go with a similar model. But then they had issues with
changing out the financial side of it so I would have to return after they got
that issue figured out before I could get the new phone.
Andrew was going to take the kids on Friday but ended up
not sleeping well the night before and sleeping in that morning. So I offered
to take the kids so he didn’t have to wait around the house after he got ready
until it was time to take them. But I usually do a longer bike ride on Fridays
and I still wanted to get that in, so I quickly finished up Lincoln’s lunch,
got breakfast ready for he and the twins, emptied the dishwasher (I have this
horrible obsession with having certain things done before I leave the house in
the morning even if I am going to be back soon-empty the dishwasher, start a
load of laundry, workout, bible study and have the main floor picked up) and
got on the bike. Andrew helped by making sure the boys had their hair and teeth
brushed. I was about a mile short on what I wanted to do on the bike but it was
time to get the kids to school. So I hopped off the bike all in my sweaty glory
and got in the car. I was really counting on not needing to get out of the car
because I still had my sweaty spandex biking gear on, my hair was in a sweaty,
messy ponytail and the only thing on my face was a nice layer of sweat.
Thankfully we got everyone dropped off without incident and came home. The
twins wanted watch Cars so I turned
that one while I did my PT stretches. This day they moved on from the puzzles
and paper airplanes and got all of their cars and then wanted to make a “hiding
place” for their cars by getting all the cushions off of the couch and chairs,
plus their pillows and blankets. Then while I was finishing getting ready, I
hear one of them say, “Mom, can you wipe my body?” They both say “body” instead
of bottom. Lincoln did it too. At the same time another one is whining in the
family room, so I say, “I’ll be there in just a second and, Miles, quite
whining.” Then the one on the toilet says, “That’s not Miles. That’s Bemmett.” Oops J.
That evening we had a few people over to roast hot dogs
and s’mores so I spent the afternoon getting ready for that. When Andrew got
home from the office he and Jackson got the fire going. I had tried several
different options to get the Cardinals’ game on and ended up with an old alarm
clock radio set outside. For some reason (part of it was the game I think)
people were really late, so I went ahead and got the twins and I some food and
we ate before everyone got there. They all eventually showed up and the kids
were off running all around the yard/neighborhood. And for some reason I didn’t
realize it until later but they had made their way inside to get goggles,
swords, shields and capes. So there was stuff strewn all over the house and
more stuff all over the yard that I didn’t see until the next morning J. And it was also a fun
night because the Cardinals won! Maybe it was because of Ellie's awesome art work.
The next morning Andrew took Jackson out to the ranch and
I decided last minute to take the others up to the Truman Homecoming Parade. It
started at 9 and I got in the shower to get ready a little before 8. We rushed around
as quickly as we could (and of course I had to pick up things a bit) but we got
downtown a little before nine, ended up finding a decent parking spot and just
had to walk a block to get to the parade route and found a good spot right next
to our friends, the Wilsons. So it turned out great and the Wilson’s daughter
was great about helping the twins get candy. It was a longer parade and the
twins were a little antsy at first (it was chilly) but then the candy started
coming and they were good. Plus they loved all the different emergency vehicles
that were in it (they had fire trucks from the surrounding communities too),
the Shriner’s cars, all the marching bands, and getting to give Spike, the
Truman mascot, and the Pagliai’s Pizza Slice a high five. So I’m glad we ended
up going.
Next up was getting lunch for everyone and then we had
Lincoln’s soccer game at noon. He was hesitant again at first but really picked
it up at the end. He is fun to watch because he can be so enthusiastic. After
the game my parents ended up just taking all of the kids except Jackson home
with them since they were going to watch them while we went to Jackson’s
football game in Unionville. We were going to have to drop them off within the
hour anyways, so it worked. They had fun
helping Papa make leave piles, jumping in them and running their trucks through
them. And Lincoln lost his second tooth while he was there.
Some of the 5th grade boys had to get to the
game an hour early because the other team had some 4th graders that
wanted some playing time. So Jackson got the opportunity to try quarterback for
a few plays. He did pretty well but he said he likes his other position better.
His actual game started at five and it started getting
pretty chilly out. I ended up going to the car to get a blanket. They ended up
losing the game 20-6 but it does make me proud of Jackson to watch him hustle. He
doesn’t get many of the big plays because of where he is positioned but he
gives it his all which I love. Later on he was showing me an abrasion on his
hip that was hurting (but he is banged up all over) and I asked him if he was
about ready for football to be over and he said, “Not even close.” But he was
worn out and slept on the way home. We stayed at my parents for a bit and
caught the end of the Cardinals game, which they lost. Then when we got home
Jackson ended up working on another Lego creation that he was excited to show
me. He doesn’t follow any of the instructions anymore, just does his own thing.
Sunday morning Andrew went to the office and then got
home just in time to head to church. Our church has a big Halloween party so
they ask for candy donations. I had a bag of candy for each kid to bring and I
noticed the big bag I had gotten at Sam’s was opened. I asked the kids about it
and they all denied it. They were telling the truth because it was Andrew who
had gotten into it. I had it down in the storage area and he still found it. So
I just taped it up and told the girl in charge about it J. After church I did some
quick grocery shopping while Andrew tried to do some work from home. He has
some pretty busy weeks coming up. Then we ate lunch and headed out to Jackson’s
Country Connection. The kids were very excited to go. Miles and Bennett are
drawn to the electric gators though and we had a hard time getting them to do
much else this time. The others did the jump house, the kids’ maze, the straw
pile, the corn shooter and the corn box. The weather was beautiful. We just
stayed for about and hour and then went home.
I got the twins down for a nap and started trying to get
things marked off my to-do list while Andrew took advantage of the nice weather
and went for a bike ride. I employed Ellie and Grace to help with some of the
Fall Festival decorations and they worked on painting some kraft paper “table
runners”. They ended up getting bored quicker than I thought they would and
only finished 5 out of 20, plus ended up with quite a mess. I felt kind of bad
of putting Grace in the middle of it, but I told Ellie she was responsible for
cleaning up the whole thing. She gets really messy and I was hoping it would
help her learn to contain things unless she wants to be responsible for making
sure it is all cleaned up. Well instead of cleaning it up right away, they
decided to go ahead and try to finish the runners. They learned that they didn’t
need to do that much to each one and just added a few decorations to each and
they turned out wonderful and will be great for the tables at the Fall
Festival.
After they were done they went over to Faith’s and
brought her over so they could start planning a new business they want to start
where they will rake leaves, shovel snow and babysit. When they asked me about
it I told them they probably needed to start with a business plan to decide
what exactly they want to do, how they want to advertize, how much they want to
charge, how to divide up the work, etc. We didn’t have much time before we
needed to head to my parents for dinner, so they worked quickly but had to
finish up their plan later. When we got to my parents the kids headed out back
to play in the leaf pile before our yummy dinner. After dinner I started
working with my mom on redoing a vinyl phrase she had in her kitchen that she
had to take down when they repainted. First we had to figure out the size and
then she had to pick out a font style and color. So now I need to get the vinyl
ordered and cut. I haven’t done much of the vinyl so hopefully it works out.
Andrew ended up taking the kids home and getting them ready to bed while I
stayed behind to work on it and spent some good time visiting with my mom and
Molly when she got home which was nice.











No comments:
Post a Comment