I was a little slow getting around Monday morning. But
there was a lot to do, so we had to get moving. Ellie had a field trip to the
airport and KTVO that afternoon and I was able to join her while my mom watched
Lincoln and the twins. There wasn’t anything to help out with on the trip but
she was excited I was there with her.
I
got to take her out of school a little early and then we went to pick up
Jackson. After we picked up the others at my parents, we headed home and I was
exhausted. I sat down for a bit but the kids wanted to get outside and play, so
we headed out. We met a new family that moved in at Weatherstone. They are
originally from Germany and her husband is here for a position with ATSU. I
felt bad leaving but I really had to get dinner going so Ellie could eat before
her ball practice. So then it was a mad rush to get dinner fixed and try to get
a few other things done around the house while making dinner. Ellie and I ate
quickly and Andrew showed up just as we were getting ready to head to practice.
So he got the others dinner and then asked if I would rather him clean up from
dinner or mow the yard. I told him mow the yard because even if he did clean
up, I would still have to clean up some more since we have different views on
what is clean J.
But then he surprised me and had the yard mowed, the kids bathed and almost all
of dinner cleaned up when I got home. I just had to put away a few things. I
dropped Ellie off at practice and did some very quick grocery shopping and
headed back to the field to make sure I got there before everyone left. It was
all good though since they practiced over an hour. So I got to watch her
practice some which she liked. After practice we vacuumed and washed the car
from the weekend trip and then headed home to unload the groceries. I used the
leaf blower to clean the grass of the sidewalk, driveway and patio and got it
done just before the rain came. Andrew put the kids to bed while I finished up
laundry and then we both went to bed exhausted. I took some ibuprofen and
melatonin in hopes that I would have a good night sleep and it worked.
Our new patio furniture was delivered on Tuesday. They
were supposed to call when they were about an hour out but they didn’t and this
semi showed up outside the house a little after lunch. The chairs were already
assembled and were in two big boxes (four chairs each) that were stacked on top
of each other. Then the table was all packaged up in cardboard and they had it
vertical against the boxes with the chairs all wrapped together on a pallet.
The driver just put the pallet on a dolly, I helped him get it up the driveway
from the street and I told him he could just put it up near the yard. That is
exactly what he did and he left while I tried to figure out how to undo all of
this and get the boxes down without harming myself or the furniture. I was able
to get the top box down. It did fall a bit, but it didn’t hurt anything. I was
able to lean the table up against the garage so it would fall down when I got
the other box of chairs and I left it until I could get Andrew’s help because
it was pretty heavy. I was thankful the chairs were already assembled but it
took me close to an hour just to get them all unpackaged and that mess cleaned
up. Then it was time to put the twins down for their nap and get caught up on
some stuff inside. Andrew ended up coming home early and he got ready for a
bike ride while I picked up the kids from school. While I was gone he got the
table out of the packaging and even brought it around back for me. So I just
had to assemble the bottom support system of the table and attach it to the top
and we were good. Jackson helped me with part of it and helped me get it
setting upright. But I really like it and it looks great on our patio. And I’m
excited to have a couple extra seats so we can all sit together when we eat
dinner out there.
After we got it all set up, it was time to rush inside
and get some stuff for dinner going. Then I took Ellie to dance, came home and
finished up dinner and we ate quickly before Andrew and Jackson headed to ball
practice. Lincoln helped me clean up and then it was time to pick up Ellie from
dance. The kids played outside for a little bit before it was time to take
Ellie to tumbling. Ellie and I also took
our old table down to the Vincents since they bought it off of us. I took the
tiles out of the table and put them in our wagon. Then I laid the actual table
upside down on the wagon and Ellie pulled it while I made sure everything
stayed in place. Andrew and Jackson got back just as we were leaving and he did
baths and got the kids ready for bed. I was able to start working on some stuff
for Mother’s Day while I waited for Ellie at tumbling.
On Wednesday we had our small group barbecue so I spent
most of the day getting ready for that. I put our curtains up on the arbor
outside and didn’t even get to bring the ladder back to the garage before it
started raining. The twins were outside too and quickly ran inside. There was
rain off and on in the forecast so it was hard to decide what to plan
for-having everything outside or inside. So I tried to prepare for both and put
off some stuff until the last minute.
Lincoln had Grandparent Chapel Day at school and my parents joined him for it. He was very excited that he got to sit with them during chapel. And I didn’t know about it until later that night, but Mary had fallen the day before and had broken her arm so that is why she was not there.
Lincoln had Grandparent Chapel Day at school and my parents joined him for it. He was very excited that he got to sit with them during chapel. And I didn’t know about it until later that night, but Mary had fallen the day before and had broken her arm so that is why she was not there.
We ended up having a few more sprinkles around 5:30 but
everything cleared off and we had a great evening for the barbecue. Andrew came
home a little early and got the hamburgers made and started grilling
everything. I got the dessert I made ready to set out and then I had everything
ready to go outside but I didn’t put it out until the last minute because of
the potential for rain. But it was great we got to head outside because the
kids had a lot of energy and spent all night running around the yard. The twins
were sneaking around taking drinks for soda cans that other kids had left
sitting around. And then when they would finish one or find an empty one, they
would load them up into the back of a little truck they were pushing around.
But I think everyone had a good time and it was great that all but one family
from our group was there because we aren’t quite sure if our group will be
meeting again for the next school year. We have had some issues at our church
and I would say the majority of our group will no longer be attending The
Crossing. Andrew and I are still undecided. As of right now we all think we
would still like to meet and do our own thing but that could change as people
settle into their new churches over the summer. It would be so different not
seeing these people every week. For some of us, we have been doing this for at
least six years now.
As things were winding down from the barbecue, some stuck
around to help clean up. Ellie took on the dare of doing another “ice bucket
challenge” and she had Mike throw the bucket of leftover ice and water from the
soda cans on her.
After everyone left, Andrew did baths while I finished
cleaning up outside and then cleaning off all the dishes, etc. and getting it
all put away. He also called his mom to check on her and she said she was
having surgery the next day to put a plate and some pins in where she broke her
arm. I also had the fun job of cleaning out our fridge in the basement. I had
put the hamburger in a plastic dish in there to thaw and we ended up with a
lovely pool of blood in the fridge. I set my early alarm for the next morning since
I decided it was time to start “training” again. I gave myself three days off
and slept a little later which was nice, but then it was time to get back into
the routine. Our day at home didn’t
consist of too much other than just doing stuff around the house and getting
some office work done. The twins always entertain me when they play together.
They like to set up pillow forts to hide out in and run their cars and trains
through. While we stayed home, Ellie got to go on a field trip to Long Branch State
Park in Macon. I couldn’t get much out of her about what they did but she said
they had fun. Andrew went to the
hospital to see if he could see his mom after surgery but she wasn’t done yet
before he needed to leave. But the surgery went well and she went home later
that afternoon. We did get quite a downpour around 2:15 and I think they got
caught in some of it. But the skies cleared again and Andrew was able to go out
for a bike ride after he brought the kids home from school. Lincoln was supposed to have ball practice
but it was canceled because of wet fields. And I almost forgot to mention
Lincoln’s very sweet Mother’s Day present. He was so proud to give it to me. It
was wrapped up in a paper bag that he decorated that also had a picture magnet of
him holding a sign that said, “I love you Mom.” Inside the bag was a dishtowel
with his handprint on it made to look like a flower along with a poem. He said
that it will help me remember him when he goes to college J.
That night we went to my parents for dinner and then I
almost forgot about a parents’ meeting for Jackson’s ball team where we
discussed the upcoming schedule.
Thankfully my parents were fine with watching the kids while we went to
the meeting. Then Andrew went home to clean his bike while I picked up the kids
and brought them home. They got to play outside for a bit while Andrew finished
up his bike and I went inside to do a couple small sewing projects on Ellie’s
dance costumes.
Friday was my day to work on Mother’s Day gifts. So I broke
out the Silhouette and since I had it out I went ahead and made some items for
end-of-the-year teacher gifts and cut out some vinyl names for the Vincents and
LaBeths kids’ trunks for kamp. For part of the teacher gifts, I wanted to give
them Sonic gift cards. I had to run by the bank to do some deposits for the
office so I decided to just grab some Sonic for lunch and was able to get the
gift cards too. After lunch, the twins
got to play a bit before going down for a nap. Andrew picked up Jackson and Ellie
from school and then took the older three out to the ranch for a bit to check
on his cows and check in on his mom to see how she was doing. I finished up the
Mother’s Day gifts. We gave both of our moms some type of gift card so I made
paper flower bouquets along with the gift cards.
When Andrew and the kids got home, we had dinner and then
my dad called to see if Andrew could help him move Molly’s box spring out of
her apartment. So Jackson and Ellie ended up going with him and I watched the
Cardinals game while I cleaned up for dinner. They were gone a while but when
they got back they had roses for me for Mother’s Day. Jackson pitched in on
them along with Andrew and then he helped me cut them and arrange them. And I
didn’t realize until the next day but they also got some mulch to put out in
the flower beds for me. So sweet J
Andrew went for a long bike ride Saturday morning-like 44
miles long. I am just glad he came back safely. The twins ended up joining me
in bed so we hung out for a bit and then got up and got everyone ready. We got the house picked up and started
washing everyone’s bedding. I jumped on the treadmill when Andrew got home and
had already planned on doing a 6 mile run but at this point was running behind.
I decided to go ahead and do it though but then I had to quickly get ready so I
could take Ellie and Lincoln to ball practice. Thankfully they had them at the
same time and their fields are right next to each other. After they were done,
we decided to pick up some donuts since the donut shop was right by the ball
fields (and I had not had anything to eat yet). Then our next stop was Home
Depot. I had to get some flowers for my pots along with the dirt along with a
couple rose bushes to replace some that had died. Ellie put herself in charge
of the flat bed cart and she did a great job pushing it all around with all the
stuff on it. While we were gone, Andrew and Jackson put all the mulch out and
dug up the dead rose bushes which was great. So I went to work potting my
flowers along with Ellie’s help (or at least until her friends came out to
play). Then I planted the new rose bushes and a few new ground cover flowers.
Andrew and Jackson were hard at work digging up part of our yard to reroute the
pipe out of our house from our sump pump out to the street. At one point,
Andrew decided to take my car to get the PVC pipe since it would have more room
to fit the pipes. I realized a little later that I had left my phone of the
hood of it while I was potting flowers. He didn’t get it off but he was kind
enough to back track and look for it. I
was just getting ready to head outside and walk down the street to see if it
was anywhere near the house when the twins woke up. I told them I would be
right back and I was going to look for my phone. When I came back, Andrew
called to let me know that actually found it on the corner of the intersection
leading out of our neighborhood and it was fine. The twins were asking me if I
found my phone and I told them that Daddy did and I said, “Thank you God.”
Bennett responded and said, “I not God.” And then Miles said, “I God.” J I was so thankful
though. Overall it was a good, productive day.
There was rain in the forecast for Sunday so Andrew was
out early finishing up his sump pump project. He finished digging the trench
and then put laid the PVC pipe. It sprinkled on him a bit, but he kept going
and got it done before we had to head to church. I got the kids up and ready
for church and then made some banana muffins for Lincoln to take to school the
next day for his snack day. And Ellie decided that would be a good time to give
me my Mother’s Day gift she had been working on at school. She illustrated a
book called If You Give a Mom a Muffin and
made a little flower pot. So she read the book to me while I made the muffins
and explained her illustrations. She did a great job with it and it was very
sweet.
We went to the second service at church since Ainsley was
being dedicated then. It was our first time back in a while. I missed parts of
the service but still had a hard time going. After church we went out to
Matthew and Kristin’s for lunch. We were able to give Mary her Mother’s Day
present and visit with everyone for a while. Lunch was delicious and the kids
had a fun time playing. They had some new puppies there so they enjoyed getting
to see them. We got home just in time for Andrew to quickly mow the yard before
the rain came. I laid the twins down for a nap just before the heavy rain
started and then they came downstairs to let me know when it did start. Andrew ended up going into the office for a
bit and that evening we all went to my parents to celebrate Molly’s birthday.
The kids were excited for the fried chicken dinner and ice cream cake. Miles
was very sad though that he didn’t get to blow out Molly’s candles. Overall it
was a great Mother’s Day celebrating some wonderful mothers and being thankful
for the my awesome kids.
I didn’t get up as early as I wanted to Monday morning. I
was wanting to get an hour bike ride in on the trainer so that meant that kids
were getting up part way through it and I had to get off a few times to tend to
some things-getting the boys a quick breakfast, helping them get their shirts
on and then getting Miles out of the muffins I had sitting by the garage door
for Lincoln to take to school. Thankfully I had a few extra so I was able to
replace the ones he had already eaten the tops off of. After I finished up my
ride, the twins and I headed outside so I could clean up the mud mess that was
leftover from Andrew’s sump pump project. I had a bucket with soap and water
and was using it and a broom to clean off muddy shoe prints on the sidewalks,
driveway and garage. So Miles and Bennett thought it would be good to use it to
clean their four wheelers with some paint brushes. It kept them busy for a
while was is always good.
Andrew was supposed to have an all-day video CLE but he
ended up coming home for lunch so he picked up Lincoln. Lincoln’s class got to
go to Pizza Hut and make their own pizzas which he loved. I thought about going
over but decided the twins would be upset they didn’t have their own pizza. But
Annie did send me a picture of the fun.
After lunch, Lincoln was begging to go to Josh’s house
but he was super whiny. So I told him he had to take a break on the couch for a
bit and soon he was out. I put the twins down for an early nap since I needed
to pick the older two up from school and then I went to work on making some
freezer meals. I made some taquitos and pasta for Tom and Mary to keep on hand
out at their house while Mary is recovering with the broken arm. I made enough
taquitos to freeze some for us to. And I made extra of the pasta too so we
could have some for dinner that night and also put one back to use for a meal
for a family friend who recently had surgery and I plan on bringing them a meal
later this week. It all worked out but I was rushing last minute to get
everything assembled and put away before I had to leave to head to school. We
were a little late meaning we had to wait in the line out in the street. And as
the line finally started moving, I get a call from Andrew and then I notice his
truck up ahead of me in the line. I guess there was some miscommunication of
who was going to pick up the kids. So he picked up Jackson and I went ahead to pick
up Ellie. When we got to the Primary school, there was a long line so Lincoln
said he really wanted to go get Ellie instead of waiting in the line. I decided
he could do it and we parked in the parking lot right by the pick-up line. I
told him to make sure he looked for traffic so he headed out to get her and
that was when I noticed he didn’t have any shoes on, just his socks. I guess
one of the teachers even commented on it at Ellie’s door, so they did notice.
Oh well J.
Andrew left right after dinner and took Ellie to practice
early. He also took Jackson along with him so that they could hit in the
batting cages before practice. And Ellie loves when he helps with practice.
After we got dinner cleaned up, Lincoln went outside to play and the twins and
went on a “walk” to drop some stuff off at a couple neighbors’ houses. Then it
was time to head home and do baths and eventually head to bed. Andrew has been
excited to have some more cycling races to watch at night. He can watch some of
the Giro d’Italia online but I think most of the commentary is in Italian. Then
there is also the Tour of California that he has been recording.















No comments:
Post a Comment