I was finally able to get all the documents done to send to our accountant to see what we need to do as far as taxes are concerned before the year is over. It is always a relief to get that done and makes tax time a little easier. Jackson and Ellie had swim team after school but Jackson did take the time to help Lincoln put together a little Lego set before he left. Then we had dinner and just an evening around home. I actually sat down and watched a little Wheel of Fortune with Jackson and Ellie and they were trying to guess the puzzles. I used to love to watch that show and haven’t watched it in a really long time.
Our Tuesday was pretty uneventful. We did get some more beef for our freezer
from Andrew’s parents which Matthew brought into town for us. So I first took out what we still had left in
our freezers and then organized the new stuff and put it in with the older
stuff on top. We are so fortunate that
we get all of it and appreciative of Tom and Mary’s generosity. While the twins were napping I helped Lincoln
go through some magazines and look for items that began with the letters H and
I. He also recited his bible verse for
me. The twins have been
doing pretty well with the potty training.
I put them in elastic waist pants to help them learn how to actually pull their pants down instead of just having to do their underwear. But we did have a bit of a problem as I was getting ready to take Ellie
to dance. Thankfully Andrew was already
home so he could take care of it. But I
guess one of the twins decided to try peeing standing up-disaster. Andrew had it cleaned up and the twins bathed
by the time I got home. So I finished up
dinner, we ate, cleaned up and then it was time to pick up Ellie. The kids played downstairs while Andrew watched
election stuff and I cleaned the kids’ bathroom and worked on replacing some
lights on my smaller outdoor Christmas trees.
Then it was time for Ellie to go to gymnastics. After we got home I went back to working on
the lights and got that all put away so I could work on setting up my “wrapping
room” the next day.
Our Wednesday was pretty much a normal Wednesday for
us. We did get Planes: Fire & Rescue in the mails so the kids loved watching that. And Lincoln made a chief headdress at school that he was very excited about. That had to do different activities to earn the different feathers.
When the kids got home from school
Jackson decided to help Lincoln with some more Lego stuff. Lincoln had started a creation and he let
Jackson take for it a bit and add to it.
Lincoln loved what he did with it and their conversations about it were
pretty funny. I should have written it
all down then because I definitely don’t remember it all now. But it had something to do with Jackson being
the “most awesomest brother” and having a “big brain” to be such a great “lego
builder”. Now if I can just get Jackson
motivated to rebuild the ones in his room that the twins destroyed that would
be nice. There are just several piles of
Legos on his dresser where he keeps all of them.
That night we had small group and then I finished up the
night doing some office work. The next
day the twins and I went to Aldi and Wal-Mart along with the bank. Lincoln played with Alex most of the afternoon
rotating between our house and his house.
I got some projects done for Christmas during the day which was
nice. I ended up doing them instead of
starting my wrapping. Then that evening we
had our friend, Sarah, babysit the kids for us so that Andrew and I could go to
the Lifeline Banquet. We had a good
group at our table that included my parents, the Vincents and theVanRiessens. I love going to these banquets every year
because it is such a great cause, the speaker is always wonderful, it is neat
to hear the testimonials of some of the clients and it is just neat to be in a
room full of good, caring people. They
have actually decided to have two banquet nights next year because they always
have a packed house with more people that would like to attend but there is
never enough room. Before we went we had
Jackson try to take a picture of us. And
try is the operative word. I think he
took at least six pictures and they were all blurry. Finally we got a little better one with Ellie
(of course Andrew has to be grabbing my rear). And while we were gone, Jackson did do some stuff with his Legos. Instead of rebuilding them, he started making his own things.
I was hoping Friday would be a productive day but it
started out with my yearly appointment.
I had to go to a new doctor this time because my old OB moved out of town
last spring. My appointment was at 10
but I needed to be there by 9:45. So I
dropped off the three youngest with my mom and headed out. I actually got back to the exam room by 10:15
or so, answered some questions for the nurse and then waited in there for over
an hour before the doctor came in. She
apologized for being late but they never let me know that she was running
late. But once she was there things were
fine and she was nice. I had texted my
mom while the doctor was getting some information to see if she wanted me to
pick up lunch but she had already fed the kids.
I didn’t get there until almost one.
I definitely did not think it would take that long. So we headed home because I knew my mom had a
lot to do too. I was hoping I would be
able to get the twins down for an early nap because Andrew was in trial all day
and I needed to pick up Jackson and Ellie.
But since my appointment ran late, that didn’t happen. But thankfully Leah was able to pick them up
and the twins got a nap. While I worked
on things like updating our Christmas address list and ordering a few more
Christmas presents, Lincoln and Alex played out back in one of their forts
behind our neighbor’s house. Then they
were joined by Ty and they ended up being jungle explorers that carried big
sticks. Andrew’s trial took most of the
day and he got home just a little bit before we took the kids to Parents’ Night
Out at our church. We decided to eat out
at AJ’s because Andrew still had the gift card my parents gave him for his
birthday. It was delicious as
always. We ended up picking up the kids
a little early and Lincoln was upset because he wanted to watch the movie they
were getting ready to turn on.
Andrew was up early the next morning so he went to the
office (he has been getting up really early a lot lately) and then was home
around 7 to take all the kids out to the ranch.
When I went up to get the twins ready it was apparent that Bennett had
had a bloody nose during the night because he had dried blood on his face and
his comforter. Then when I took off
Miles’ shirt, it caused him to get a bloody nose. They both ended up in the shower and I knew I
needed to get a humidifier in their room with the heat on. We eventually got everyone ready and Andrew
took the kids while I started working on cleaning up the bloody noses
mess. I had a really productive day
which was great. I got some
cleaning/organizing done, a run in, a lot of laundry done, dinner started and
the big thing was going through all the Christmas presents I already have. I think I realized why I am anxious to be on
top of all of it. Along with Andrew’s
surgery we have a lot of activities between Thanksgiving and Christmas-Ellie
and the twins birthdays, my dad’s birthday, Mary’s birthday, Ashlyn and Ainsley’s
birthdays plus the surgery, a couple Christmas programs, Christmas parties and small
group Christmas dinner. Plus Annie and
Brad are coming into town next week so I wanted to have some presents for their
kids ready since they won’t be here for Christmas. So I separated all of the gifts according to
who they went to, bagged them up and put them away. Then I worked wrapping some birthday
gifts. I got most of the twins and Ellie’s
presents wrapped but am just waiting on some paper that Lissy picked up for me
at Hobby Lobby to finish wrapping a couple more. I also wrapped Mary’s birthday gift and the
gifts for Annie’s kids. I got it all put
away about the time Mary dropped the twins and Ellie off. They came in to go to Wal-Mart so they
dropped them off after they went. Ellie
was excited because they went ahead and bought her birthday present which Mary
is keeping until then. Jackson and Lincoln
stayed out with Andrew while he finished up fixing a fence. I think they had a fun, full day out
there. Ellie loved that she got to make
some cupcakes and the twins played with trains and got to see the cows.
I finished up
dinner after they got home and the others got home a little before it was
done. After we cleaned up, I had to get
ready for another neighborhood girls’ Bunco night. I made some caprese tarts and headed over to
Tiffany’s. It was a fun night getting to
visit with some of the girls in the neighborhood. We ate a little bit, played a couple rounds
of Bunco and then just sat around and talked until about 10:30. Andrew was still up when I got home (actually
scared me as I walked in the door) which I was very surprised about. He was pretty tired when I left and I was
just hoping he wouldn’t fall asleep before the kids. But I guess he had kind of an eventful
evening. I guess Miles started feeling
bad soon after I left. We had noticed
that he had a bit of a croupy sound when he coughed earlier in the day but it
wasn’t that often and he seemed fine. At
dinner his eyes were watery but we thought it was just because he was tired
because they didn’t have a nap. Well I
guess the fever was kicking in and he quickly started sounding wheezy when he
breathed. Thankfully my dad had stopped
by to pick up Ellie to take her over to their house for a sleepover with
Briley. He listened to him and said he
would call in some prednisolone the next morning because he thought he may have
bronchiolitis. I went up to check on him
when I got home and his fever had come back and he sounded bad. So I brought him downstairs, gave him some
ibuprofen and let him sleep with me. It
was kind of a long night but he did sleep okay.
He just didn’t sound good. I did
have to give him some Tylenol once during the night but that was it.
Andrew had already planned to get out to the ranch early
the next morning and try to stack some more hay. So he was gone around 6:30. I had planned to take the kids to church especially
since we still had to turn in our Christmas boxes. But now we couldn’t with Miles being
sick. So I listened to it online while I
was working around the house. Miles
ended up with another bloody nose so he got another shower and Bennett joined
in too. My dad surprised me with picking
up the medicine for Miles so I gave that to him too. Miles felt better for the morning but then
started feeling bad again after lunch time.
He also had another bloody nose.
So we just laid low for the day.
My mom had told me the day before that she was making roast for dinner
and surprisingly she said it was still okay to come over. She really dreads getting sick this time of
year J. So now it is time for naps and I think
Lincoln and I are going to make some banana cookies.
Side note…Jackson’s class has a weekly blogger and he was
it this week. I thought I should include
it with mine too J
11/7/2014
Today we had a banker come to our class. He taught us about how
the bank works. We also went to the book fair to preview it. Now we are earning
our checks for our classroom economy. It seems like most of the people in the
class filled up their whole wish list sheets at the book fair. Then we
played a game called Team Scoot. It's where you have this card and try to
figure it out. Once you're done you put the card back. When
everyone is done you scoot and do the next card. When you are done with
all the cards you discuss the answers with your group. We also did the
multiplication game outside. I've had fun blogging this week. It's about time
to end the day, so good-bye.
JF
JF
11/6/2014
Today was the 30 point
pizza party. We had Pizza Hut, pizza cookie, and soda. It was
delicious. Then later we did the pros and cons of mining in a forest with
endangered species. Then we had second recess. I think Jackson was
really jealous of the 30 point pizza party. Maybe now that we've had it
more kids will read. It's about time to go home so see you
tomorrow.-JF
11/5/2014
Today we went to Art.
Today we had our STAR test. We also did our science plays for other
classes. I think it went pretty well. When we were lining up for
Art we weren't being quiet enough again so we had to do 5 laps at recess.
Today we learned measurements in Math. Mrs. Higgins made us sing.
That song is officially stuck in my mind. Now it is time to pack up
and go home.
JF
JF
11/4/2014
Today
we went to the garden to pick turnips, radishes and beets. We also tried
them. To me they tasted good but in one picture with me and the other
Jackson, he was in the background looking like he was about to barf. It
actually tasted pretty good. Me, Lathon, Esme and Luke get to have our
pizza party on Thursday for getting 30 points of AR books read. It was a
fun day. I'll be blogging tomorrow. Ciao! -JF
11/3/2014
Today was just a normal Monday at school. We had PE,
computers and all that other stuff. We played a multiplication game
outside. There are 4 people who are handing out cards, and for you to get
a card you have to get the answer right. And whoever has the most cards
at the end wins. And we also started Italian week. Other than that
it was just a normal day. Expect for three bees came into our classroom.
Jamie came in and swatted them. But we only got two. Close to
the end of school one of the Truman students who helps us got the other one.
Also we got cupcakes for Maya's birthday. Good bye in
Italian--Arrivederci! -JF










No comments:
Post a Comment